Windows 10: Hyper v Deticated GPU questions

Discus and support Hyper v Deticated GPU questions in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I'm currently running windows 11 pro with hyper v I have a 2080ti partitioned for use with the vms.I just bought a 4090 and I want to deticate it to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by CHRIS1930, Jan 30, 2023.

1. CHRIS1930 Win User

Hyper v Deticated GPU questions

I'm currently running windows 11 pro with hyper v I have a 2080ti partitioned for use with the vms.I just bought a 4090 and I want to deticate it to hyper v. Is this possible or when I install the new gpu do I just partition it across the vms using paravirtulization

:)

CHRIS1930, Jan 30, 2023

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 30, 2023
  3. Hyper-V

Hi Daniel. I'm Greg, 10 years awarded Windows MVP, specializing in Installation, Performance, Troubleshooting and Activation, here to help you.

You can remotely manage Hyper-V hosts with Hyper-V Manager:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-server...

https://www.altaro.com/hyper-v/how-to-set-up-hy...

Hv Manager

https://searchservervirtualization.techtarget.c...

I hope this helps. Feel free to ask back any questions. Please report back results for all steps given so I know what else to suggest if necessary.

Standard Disclaimer: There are links to non-Microsoft websites. The pages appear to be providing accurate, safe information. Watch out for ads on the sites that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products). Thoroughly research any product advertised on the sites before you decide to download and install it.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-2020, Jan 30, 2023
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jan 30, 2023
Thema:

1. Hyper v Deticated GPU questions - Similar Threads - Hyper Deticated GPU

2. Hyper v Deticated GPU questions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper v Deticated GPU questions: I'm currently running windows 11 pro with hyper v I have a 2080ti partitioned for use with the vms.I just bought a 4090 and I want to deticate it to hyper v. Is this possible or when I install the new gpu do I just partition it across the vms using paravirtulization...
  3. Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question: For various reasons, it is imperative that I be able to write and maintain code for Foxpro v2.6 for DOS applications. I currently dual-boot my Windows 10 x64 Pro desktop with Windows 7 x32 bit. After disabling my nVidia Titan GPU, the Windows 7 environment is perfect for my...
  4. Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question: For various reasons, it is imperative that I be able to write and maintain code for Foxpro v2.6 for DOS applications. I currently dual-boot my Windows 10 x64 Pro desktop with Windows 7 x32 bit. After disabling my nVidia Titan GPU, the Windows 7 environment is perfect for my...
  5. Hyper-V questions

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V questions: In Hyper-V, is there any way to change NEWCOMP to a different name after it's already being used? [img] When I run one of the VMs it shows [img] which I don't like. 139498
  6. Hyper-V Questions

Hyper-V Questions: I've had windows 10 installed on my computer and was running some virtual machines with virtualbox. I heard hyper-v gets better performance, so I enabled it and created virtual machines. I understand that hyper-v is a type 1 hypervisor. Does this mean that since enabling...
  7. HYPER-V question for probably Kari

HYPER-V question for probably Kari: Hi there quick question on HYPER-V probably for @Kari as he's the undisputed champion of HYPER-V around here !!! If I have a VM powered on under HYPER-V can I log off as the Windows user and still have people able to access the HYPER-V VM - assuming of course they have an...
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM

Questions on Windows 10 licensing for a Hyper-V VM: I have a Windows 10 Pro machine which supports virtualization. I want to create a hyper-V VM running Windows 10 as the guest host. I have some questions on licensing and any activation issues that might occur I expect I'll need to buy a 2nd Win 10 license Does it need...
  10. One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question

One for Kari - Secure boot with HYPER-V question: Hi there I see that although VMware and VBOX can't do it (they can use UEFI) it seems HYPER-V CAN create a level 2 (type 2) VM which can enable secure boot. I want to have a go with this on a W2012 Server HOST. Anything special needed for setting up the VM -- want to...