Windows 10: Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder

Discus and support Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]If you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder while importing a virtual machine, check... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Sep 13, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder

Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder hyper-v-encountered-an-error.png
    If you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder while importing a virtual machine, check out these tips and tricks to get rid of this issue. It appears when you have a corrupted virtual machine hard disk in the exported folder. The entire error message says: Hyper-V encountered an error […]

This article Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Sep 13, 2021
  2. Aaron_Sum Win User

Can't remove Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition

Hi Robert,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you are facing an issue when you are trying to remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition. This partition is just a virtual partition that is created by using the space within your physical hard disk, so that
    it can be used within Hyper-V. Since you are no longer using Hyper-V and you wish to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition, I would suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it is helpful to you.

Steps to remove the Virtual Hard Drive partition using Disk Management:

1. Press the Windows key and
      R key, this will open the Run dialogue box for you.
    2. Type diskmgmt.msc and press
      Enter, this will open the Disk Management Window for you.
    3. Your Virtual Hard Drive will be indicated by a ‘blue’ drive beside the
      Disk n (n is the disk number to which the VHD is associated), select the allocated
      Volume, right-click and select Delete Volume. You can check the picture below for your reference.

Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder a9bbe536-f604-4912-9a6e-fdb56b275e03?upload=true.png

4. You will receive a prompt, click on
      Yes. This will delete the volume allocated to the Virtual Hard Drive and the space allocated will now be turned into an
      Unallocated space.
    5. To detach the Virtual Hard Drive completely,
      right-click on the Disk and select Detach VHD.
    6. You will receive a prompt, you may click on the check box to
      Delete the virtual hard disk after removing the disk. Click on
      OK

This will remove the Hyper-V Virtual Hard Drive partition from your system.

If the issue still persists, I would suggest you to post your query in IT Pro

TechNet
    forums, where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on the issues with Hyper-V and Virtual Hard Drive to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Aaron Summith

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Aaron_Sum, Sep 13, 2021
  3. Pauli O Win User
    Hyper V Import Virtual Machine

There is separate default folders for Virtual Machines and Virtual Hard Disks

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V

This folder contains all settings for each Virtual machines.

Have you changed that folder?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks

This folder contains only virtual disks. On your case it's changed to E:\HyperV\...

When you want import VM you need to search it from that first location.

You can check this location from Hyper-V settings.

If you can't import existing VM's you can create 3 new Virtual Machines.

When creating those select option Use existing Virtual Disk and point disks from E:\HyperV\...

Pauli O, Sep 13, 2021
  4. stien77 Win User

Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder

Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

Code:
    Hyper-V is showing Error when I make Virtual Hard Disk. It can make Virtual Machine, expect for Hard Disk.I tried VHD./VHDX. but both not worked.[url='https://filestore.community.support.microsoft.com/api/images/e771fa89-fc4a-4189-a6bf-7f761022968b?upload=true']
    [ATTACH=full]158571[/ATTACH]
    [/url]

stien77, Sep 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Hyper-V encountered an error while copying virtual hard disks to destination folder - Similar Threads - Hyper encountered error

2. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.: I have an external hard disk. I am trying to create shared virtual hard disk in it with Hyper-V. Whenever I select the VHDSet option; the bar is stuck at %100. This situation is not different in Powershell too....
  3. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.: I have an external hard disk. I am trying to create shared virtual hard disk in it with Hyper-V. Whenever I select the VHDSet option; the bar is stuck at %100. This situation is not different in Powershell too....
  4. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk

in Windows 10 News
    The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk: [ATTACH]While installing an OS on Hyper-V virtual machine, you might come across an error saying The Virtual Machine Management service encountered an error while configuring the hard disk on virtual machine [virtual-machine-name]. You might also get an error code named...
  6. Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration: [ATTACH]While importing a virtual machine on Hyper-V, if you are getting Hyper-V encountered an error while loading the virtual machine configuration error, here is how you can fix it using these tips and tricks. This error mainly occurs when you import the same virtual...
  7. Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' ": Hyper-V is showing Error when I make Virtual Hard Disk. It can make Virtual Machine, expect for Hard Disk. I tried VHD./VHDX. but both not worked. [ATTACH]...
  8. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  9. Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Add or Remove a Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used...
  10. Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10 How to Change Default Folder to Store Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...