Windows 10: Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

Discus and support Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hanks, Apr 8, 2019.

1. hanks Win User

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server -- > Enhanced Session Mode Policy and User --> Enhanced Session Mode are checked. With new virtual machines there is no opportunity to set resolution, etc.
    Turning off and on enhanced settings -- no joy. There are no files in the vmconnect directory that correspond to my present VMs, only one old one vmconnect.rdp.xxxxxxxxxx.
    I need to change the video size for my existing vm's, but cannot. For a Linux VM I managed to change the video size by modifying the GRUB_CMDLINE_LINUX_DEFAULT in Linux.
    Another important piece: I also use viboot under Macrium to create VMs from backups and it works perfectly:
    the enhanced box pops up on every start to change parameters. Macrium uses Hyper as a back end.
    Why isn't hyper-v creating vmconnect.rdp files for new VMs? What can I do to further troubleshoot this issue?

:)

hanks, Apr 8, 2019
  2. bindi Win User

Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V.
    I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found results about enhanced session crashing (in FCU), but mine's not on at all.
    Anyone else experiencing the same issue, or is it perhaps working for you guys?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...with-vmconnect I have went through this guide, and I am not presented with any extra connect options with vmconnect. It just goes straight to the VM.

Here are my Hyper-V settings: https://i.imgur.com/dheqZsB.png (the issue was there before adding the remotefx adapter).

In previous versions of Windows 10 (Edu N 1703), with the same exact steps that I've done here (same image for host + guest), enhanced mode worked right out of the box, no extra fiddling.

bindi, Apr 8, 2019
  3. cereberus Win User

RDP is turned on?

cereberus, Apr 8, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Great - great feedback - this helps us all.

Suggest you report back on other forum as well.

Incidentally, sometimes you have to shutdown vm and reboot for enhanced mode to kick in - maybe that was problem first time?

cereberus, Apr 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working - Similar Threads - Hyper Enhanced Session

2. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  3. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V: Before posting, i read from learn.microsoft about Hyper-V, i have also read most of "Introduction to Hyper-V on Windows 10" pdf as well.However i am missing something..The thing goes like this:I have a Win10 Pro desktop. and want to use Hyper-V to install linux OS.From the...
  4. How to force enhanced session mode on Hyper V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  6. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  7. Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.

Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.: Hello, I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 education version 1909. All enhance session parts in Hyper-V setting are enabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] but the icon of enhance session in connection's window does not appear. I want to use the sound device in my VM with this,...
  8. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V: I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP. Is there a way to open the below screen again please....
  9. Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V. I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found...
  10. Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10: How to: Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 How to Turn On or Off Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...