Windows 10: Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest

Discus and support Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Posted this question elsewhere with no response, thought it be more appropriate here. As I experiment with Hyper-V I'm having an odd problem with... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by hsehestedt, Jun 27, 2021.

1. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest

Posted this question elsewhere with no response, thought it be more appropriate here. As I experiment with Hyper-V I'm having an odd problem with "Enhanced Sessions". Some context is needed.... I installed Windows 10 Pro in Hyper-V with a user name of "WinUser". After installation I created another user (HannesS) and made this an administrator. I then configured this user account to logon with my Microsoft account. Okay, so I am now logged on with my Microsoft account. In Hyper-V I select View > Enhanced session. When I do this, Windows wants to log me on with the WinUser account and informs me that if I continue my current session will be logged off. How can I run my new user account with an enhanced session?

:)

hsehestedt, Jun 27, 2021

2. Enhanced Session issues on Windows 10 v1909 Hyper-V Guests

When setting up Windows 10 v1909 as a Guest OS on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, switching over to the Enhanced Session has issues. Basically, it just hangs. Once I attempt a reconnect, it won't reconnect. I can't even send a "Shut Down" command to the VM
    from outside the console. I have to do the Hyper-V VM equivalent of a hard shut down and then turn it on again. If I'm lucky, it'll come up as normal. But some times it does not. When using Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 or Windows Server 2016 or Windows
    Server 2019 as Guest OSes, I do not have this issue. I have experienced these problems on both Gen 1 and Gen 2 virtual machines running Windows 10 v1909 as a Guest OS. I have tested all four OSes as guests running on Hosts running both Windows 10 v1909 (Pro
    and Enterprise) and Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019 and have found that the results are similar, if not the same across these Hosts.

What is it about Windows 10 v1909 that interacts poorly with these initial Enhanced Sessions?

Is Microsoft aware of this?

Hopefully this is resolved in Windows 10 v2004, Hyper-V VMs are kind of important for my line of work...

Yebubbleman, Jun 27, 2021
  3. Hyper-V functionality

I am running Windows 10 Pro 64 bit flavor on my PC. I have recently tried to give the Hyper-V a go and I have installed Windows 10 Pro 64 bit as a guest. By default, Enhanced Session Mode was available in Hyper-V Settings both to the Server and the User;
    I checked them. I started the guest and the enhanced mode was on. However, when I added RemoteFX to my guest OS, the enhanced session mode was no more. Is it by design that when you add RemoteFX to your guest Os, the enhanced session mode is turned off? If
    RemoteFX enhances your experience with a virtual machine (and it does), then why ENHACED session mode gets turned off?

Andrzej Flaga

AndrzejFlaga, Jun 27, 2021
  4. bindi Win User

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest

Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V.
    I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found results about enhanced session crashing (in FCU), but mine's not on at all.
    Anyone else experiencing the same issue, or is it perhaps working for you guys?

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...with-vmconnect I have went through this guide, and I am not presented with any extra connect options with vmconnect. It just goes straight to the VM.

Here are my Hyper-V settings: https://i.imgur.com/dheqZsB.png (the issue was there before adding the remotefx adapter).

In previous versions of Windows 10 (Edu N 1703), with the same exact steps that I've done here (same image for host + guest), enhanced mode worked right out of the box, no extra fiddling.

bindi, Jun 27, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest

1. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Only Working for One User Account on Guest - Similar Threads - Hyper Enhanced Session

2. Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account: I have installed a W11 machine. I have 2 users: local administrator - microsoft account administrator rightsIf I select Enhanced Session only the Local Administrator is able to logon on. I do not have a logon screen where I can select the userIf I disable it I get into the...
  3. Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V issue with Enhanced Session - Working only on Local Account: I have installed a W11 machine. I have 2 users: local administrator - microsoft account administrator rightsIf I select Enhanced Session only the Local Administrator is able to logon on. I do not have a logon screen where I can select the userIf I disable it I get into the...
  4. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  5. Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V enhanced session working but device offline: Hello all, I have a small issue with hyper-v on windows 11. I installed W11 on my main machine and another copy on hyper-V, in case there are something fishy or malicious I need to click or download. The enhanced session works correctly so far but I have problems connecting...
  6. Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V's enhance session does not work.: Hello, I use Hyper-V on Windows 10 education version 1909. All enhance session parts in Hyper-V setting are enabled. [ATTACH] [ATTACH] but the icon of enhance session in connection's window does not appear. I want to use the sound device in my VM with this,...
  7. Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display configuration on enhanced session Hyper V: I have enabled the Enhanced session on the Hyper-V manager and the Guest services in the integration services. The below screen shows up once i reboot the server but i forgot to press show option to enable PNP. Is there a way to open the below screen again please....
  8. Enhanced Session issues on Windows 10 v1909 Hyper-V Guests

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Enhanced Session issues on Windows 10 v1909 Hyper-V Guests: When setting up Windows 10 v1909 as a Guest OS on a Hyper-V Virtual Machine, switching over to the Enhanced Session has issues. Basically, it just hangs. Once I attempt a reconnect, it won't reconnect. I can't even send a "Shut Down" command to the VM from outside the...
  9. Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Enhanced Session Mode 'Intercept' Stopped Working: WIN 10 build 1809. Very strange problem. Hyper-V was working fine with enhanced sessions and then went south. Checked Hyper-v settings and both Server -- > Enhanced Session Mode Policy and User --> Enhanced Session Mode are checked. With new virtual machines there is no...
  10. Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V in Windows 10 1709 FCU, enhanced session not working?: I have a fresh install of Windows 10 1709 Education N, and using the same image I made a Gen2 VM in Hyper-V. I thought something was off and then I noticed that enhanced mode wasn't on at all, and it is greyed out in the menu. It is enabled in Hyper-V settings. I only found...