Windows 10: Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Discus and support Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch. in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Nukeproof, Jul 30, 2015.

1. Nukeproof Win User

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V

Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches because it won't let me.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch. [​IMG]

:)

Nukeproof, Jul 30, 2015
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Jul 30, 2015
  3. tdehan Win User
    Doesn't Hyper-V work in Windows 10?

So, finally after removing the Hyper-V components, rebooting and adding them back Hyper-V now connects to my host computer. However, when I try to Create Virtual Switch I get the following error message:

Virtual Switch Manager

An error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches.

The operation on computer 'my computer name' failed: Generic failure.

Well...that's dandy!

tdehan, Jul 30, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

Hi Nukeproof, welcome to the Ten Forums.

First thing to check is that the Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch is enabled in your NIC's Properties:

If it is totally missing click the Install button and install, it, you'll find it under Protocol:

Install if needed, enable it and reboot and try Virtual Switch Manager again.

5. anotherca Win User
    Best answer after hunting the Windows 10 upgrade destroyer of Hyper-V settings. Many Thanks.

anotherca, Jun 23, 2016
  6. That leads to this issue though:
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking Solved - Windows 10 Forums

That states that I need to create a virtual switch first, so which comes first?

juanbeegahs, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch. - Similar Threads - Hyper error creating

2. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  3. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  4. hyper - v create problems with virtualization

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper - v create problems with virtualization: spec: Win 10 Pro Hi. i find that i have to turn on and off the hyper -v several times in one day and restart the computer the problem is that programs i use like docker require it and other programs like VMware require my to turn it off how can i create a workaround this?...
  5. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  6. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  7. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch: Hello. After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up. Without External Virtual Switch: Speedtest...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches

2. yahoo groups cannot invite members \sorry an error occurred while loading the content\ workaround?

3. error occured while retriving a list of virtual switch hyper v

4. solve hyper-v virtual switch manager generic failure,
  5. try to create a virtual switch and the server reboots,
  6. error while creating virtual switch,
  7. hyper v switch error,
  8. virtual switch manager error,
  9. hyper-v error switch,
  10. virtual switch hyper v error,
  11. error creating external hyper v switch,
  12. error hyper-v switch manager,
  13. error creating virtual switch,
  14. hyper-v error creating virtual switch,