Windows 10: Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

Discus and support Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' " in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hyper-V is showing Error when I make Virtual Hard Disk. It can make Virtual Machine, expect for Hard Disk. I tried VHD./VHDX. but both not worked.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by stien77, May 3, 2019.

1. stien77 Win User

Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

Hyper-V is showing Error when I make Virtual Hard Disk. It can make Virtual Machine, expect for Hard Disk.​

I tried VHD./VHDX. but both not worked.

Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' " e771fa89-fc4a-4189-a6bf-7f761022968b?upload=true.png

:)

stien77, May 3, 2019
  2. jbl1985 Win User

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, May 3, 2019
  3. Pauli O Win User
    Hyper V Import Virtual Machine

There is separate default folders for Virtual Machines and Virtual Hard Disks

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V

This folder contains all settings for each Virtual machines.

Have you changed that folder?

C:\Users\Public\Documents\Hyper-V\Virtual Hard Disks

This folder contains only virtual disks. On your case it's changed to E:\HyperV\...

When you want import VM you need to search it from that first location.

You can check this location from Hyper-V settings.

If you can't import existing VM's you can create 3 new Virtual Machines.

When creating those select option Use existing Virtual Disk and point disks from E:\HyperV\...

Pauli O, May 3, 2019
  4. Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

Mark St..., May 3, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' "

1. Hyper-V "Failed to Add Device 'Virtual Hard Disk' " - Similar Threads - Hyper Failed Add

2. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  3. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.: I have an external hard disk. I am trying to create shared virtual hard disk in it with Hyper-V. Whenever I select the VHDSet option; the bar is stuck at %100. This situation is not different in Powershell too....
  4. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.: I have an external hard disk. I am trying to create shared virtual hard disk in it with Hyper-V. Whenever I select the VHDSet option; the bar is stuck at %100. This situation is not different in Powershell too....
  5. Stuck in Creating a Virtual Hard Disk Window Hyper-V.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Differencing Hard Disk - Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Differencing Hard Disk - Hyper-V: I came across this option when creating a new had drive in Hyper-V. Has anybody ever used one - is it analogous to e.g. a checkpoint, or an incremental image backup in Macrium Reflect? When and how would you use it? [img] Edit - been reading up on it and they look quite...
  7. Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v

Virtual Hard disk created in hyper-v: Hi There I am using windows 10 Pro, and had a virtual machine installed using Hyper-V with two virtual HDD in that VM. Recently I had some problem with my Windows 10 OS and had to reset my windows with keeping all the files and settings, and it installed a new windows...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine: How to: Add or Remove Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine How to Add or Remove a Physical Hard Disk for Hyper-V Virtual Machine Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used...
  10. Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10: How to: Change Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Folder in Windows 10 How to Change Default Folder to Store Hyper-V Virtual Hard Disks Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v failed to add virtual hard disk

2. hyper-v failed to add device virtual cd/dvd disk

3. failed to add device physical disk drive hyper-v

4. hyper v failed to add virtual hard disk,
  5. error applying hard drive changes hyper-v,
  6. adding the device harddisk failed,
  7. hyperv failed to add virtual hard disk,
  8. error message: hyper-v server failed to add device virtual cd/dvd disk,
  9. hyper v failed to add device,
  10. Adding the device Microsoft: Hyper-V: Virtual Hard Disk to Realy Bitdefender server failed,
  11. Hyper-V Error to add virtual DVD,
  12. failed to add virtual hard disk,
  13. adding the device hyper v failed,
  14. error applying hard dirve changes failed to add device virtual hard disk,
  15. Win10 Hyper-V Failed to add device DVD