Windows 10: Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909

Discus and support Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Like the title says, Hyper-V fails to install on Windows 10 v.1909. [OS build 18363.592] It's a mystery to me, because I successfully installed and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Bulldog, May 28, 2020.

1. Bulldog Win User

Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909

Like the title says, Hyper-V fails to install on Windows 10 v.1909. [OS build 18363.592] It's a mystery to me, because I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows. Yes, I've got the necessary hardware and BIOS support (I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows) and there are no other hypervisors currently installed. I disabled my anti-malware software (the same brand that I was using when I previously installed Hyper-V) and added the feature from an Administrators user account. This may be a clue: Event Viewer only has one entry made at the time I tried to install Hyper-V, but it makes no sense (to me.) It's a 7043 Service Control Manager event that says the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Manager did not close following a pre-shutdown command, but I don't even have Hyper-V Virtual Machine Manager listed as a service. If it matters (doubt it) the install failed at 98% and, of course, Windows rolled back any changes. I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can try to get Hyper-V to install. Thanks for your help.

:)

Bulldog, May 28, 2020
  2. Bulldog Win User

Like the title says, Hyper-V fails to install on Windows 10 v.1909. [OS build 18363.592] It's a mystery to me, because I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows.

Yes, I've got the necessary hardware and BIOS support (I successfully installed and used Hyper-V on earlier versions of Windows) and there are no other hypervisors currently installed. I disabled my anti-malware software (the same brand that I was using when I previously installed Hyper-V) and added the feature from an Administrators user account.

This may be a clue: Event Viewer only has one entry made at the time I tried to install Hyper-V, but it makes no sense (to me.) It's a 7043 Service Control Manager event that says the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Manager did not close following a pre-shutdown command, but I don't even have Hyper-V Virtual Machine Manager listed as a service.

If it matters (doubt it) the install failed at 98% and, of course, Windows rolled back any changes.

I'm open to any suggestions as to what I can try to get Hyper-V to install. Thanks for your help.

Bulldog, May 29, 2020
  3. Bree Win User

A mystery to me too, I've been running Hyper-V on two W10 Pro machines, both on 1909 (build 18363.592).

You should do if Hyper-V has been installed successfully. For reference, these are the services I have....

Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909 [​IMG]

There is also the Hyper-V Manager, which is the virtmgmt.msc snap-in for the MMC management console.

4. Bulldog Win User

I have narrowed the source of my inability to install Hyper-V.

First, to make a point: With greatest respect to all, a re-install is not in the cards. My computer is setup exactly as I like and that will take hours to re-do and check, so not going to happen.

By installing the Hyper-V components individually, I discovered that it's the Hyper-V Services that will not install:

Comparing my Hyper-V services to Bree's services (above) it's evident that I am missing two services.

Here's Bree:

and here's me:

so it's the Hyper-V Host Compute Service and/or the Hyper-V Virtual Machine Management service that will not install.

Not to be un-biblical, but in this case the truth is not setting me free. I am at a loss to understand why either or both of these services will not install, nor how to install them individually (and I don't hack my OS.) Suggestions are welcome, and in any case thanks for your patience.

Bulldog, May 29, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Fails to Install on Windows 10 v.1909 - Similar Threads - Hyper Fails Install

2. Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  3. Hyper-V Installation

Hyper-V Installation: Hello all, Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I asked if there was a Microsoft program, such as "Virtual PC," which I had installed on my Windows 7 Professional machine -...
  4. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  5. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  6. Error when installing Hyper-V

Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  7. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  8. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  9. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...