Windows 10: Hyper-V FAQ

Discus and support Hyper-V FAQ in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Is there anyway that I can create a virtual switch but without interfering with the physical network?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Daniel John, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Hyper-V FAQ

Is there anyway that I can create a virtual switch but without interfering with the physical network?

:)

Daniel John, Nov 17, 2018

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Nov 17, 2018
  4. Hyper-V FAQ

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V FAQ

1. Hyper-V FAQ - Similar Threads - Hyper FAQ

2. hyper v

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    hyper v: how to isolate a virtual machine for testing malware please recommend settings to isolate the virtual machine and also able to connected in internet https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/hyper-v/12c5c4d6-369b-4c0f-9306-d9651c7d97e4
  3. hyper - v create problems with virtualization

in Windows 10 Customization
    hyper - v create problems with virtualization: spec: Win 10 Pro Hi. i find that i have to turn on and off the hyper -v several times in one day and restart the computer the problem is that programs i use like docker require it and other programs like VMware require my to turn it off how can i create a workaround this?...
  4. Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start: Hello, I'm running Wiin10 using Hyper-V as a virtual test box for some small projects. Lately, when trying to install a guest OS Debian Linux in this case I can create a new virtual machine just fine.. but when I try to start it, it hangs up on the debian boot splash...
  5. Hyper-V Requirements

Hyper-V Requirements: How to do I verify Hyper-V Requirements? I know the following: 1. Windows 10 Home > Need to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro 2. 64-bit processor is installed on the laptop 3. Not sure how to tell if processor is Second Level Address Translation SLAT 4. 4GB RAM installed 5....
  6. Hyper-V host performance hit?

Hyper-V host performance hit?: Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of users especially in gaming have been seeing performance hits up to 30% performance loss. or up to 20-40 fps loss in gaming....
  7. Unable to change hyper-v feature

Unable to change hyper-v feature: A few months ago, I wanted to run a windows machine, and I needed to enable hyper-v. It worked, and then I decided to turn hyper-v off, after a few weeks. Now when I try to enable hyper-v, it gives me an error, and I see that there are also two same hyper-v folders in the...
  8. What's w/ Hyper-V?

What's w/ Hyper-V?: This started with 19582. Suddenly have no sign-in info box for PIN no blurry screen IF & WHEN Enhanced Mode is used. NOW, only goes without Enhanced Mode. This has never been the case in the past. Why now & how can the situation get back to 'normal', back to using...
  9. Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't delete "ModifiableWindowsApps" folder because it belongs to Administrator Hyper-V: So I found this folder in my HDD, inside a Program Files folder. Both folders are empty and I do not know how to delete it. Can someone help me? Thanks a lot! submitted by /u/Nedioca [link] [comments]...
  10. Changing network profile for Hyper-V virtual internal ethernet adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Changing network profile for Hyper-V virtual internal ethernet adapter: My Windows 10 operates Hyper-V and defines multiple virtual network adapters. For the host OS, the virtual adapter for external connection vEthernet External to the router can be categorised as private network. [ATTACH] However, the virtual adapter vEthernet Internal that...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Hyper-v FAQ

2. Faq Hyper-V

3. hyper v virtual machine faq