Windows 10: Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it.

Discus and support Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I had Hyper-V initially Suddenly it is not showing in "Turn windows features on or off" I have Windows 10 pro What to do?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DipankarNath1, Mar 5, 2021.

1. Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it.

Hi,

I had Hyper-V initially

Suddenly it is not showing in "Turn windows features on or off"

I have Windows 10 pro

What to do?

:)

DipankarNath1, Mar 5, 2021
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I appreciate your effort on this. As per my research the error code 0x800f0831 is generated when .Net Framework 3.5 is not enabled on the computer. I suggest you to try enabling .Net Framework 3.5 on the computer. Follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + R, to open
      Run
      dialog box.
    2. Type appwiz.cpl and click on
      OK
    3. Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    4. Now, select the check box for .Net Framework 3.5 and click on
      OK.
    5. Restart the computer.

You can also check if Virtualization feature is enabled in BIOS or not, if it is not enabled, I suggest you to enable it.

You may also refer the troubleshooting steps performed by Jins Peter replied on August 13, 2019 in the thread

Hyper-V on Windows Pro wont install
    and see if that helps.

For additional information, you may also refer the article
    Step-By-Step: Enabling Hyper-V for use on Windows 10

Disclaimer: Modifying BIOS/ complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee
    that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

If the issue persists, I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with the appropriate details.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Mar 5, 2021
  3. BC_89 Win User
    Hyper-V, unable to enable in Windows Features

Hey everyone,

When I try to enable Hyper-V in Features and restart my laptop, I get a message before logon that says "Unable to complete changes. Undoing".

When I open Features again after the restart, Hyper-V is not ticked, and I don't have the role installed.

I have the following in System Information:

Hyper-V - VM Monitor Mode Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Second Level Address Translation Extensions - Yes

Hyper-V - Virtualization Enabled in Firmware - Yes

Hyper-V - Data Execution Protection - Yes

I have no virtual network adapters installed, and all required options enabled in BIOS.

I'm running Windows 10 Pro with all the latest updates and drivers installed.

BC_89, Mar 5, 2021
  4. JimWynne Win User

Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it.

Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

If you have Windows 10 Pro and a 64-bit processor, check the other requirements I linked to in my previous post.

JimWynne, Mar 5, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it.

1. Hyper-V feature got removed quite surprisingly from Windows 10 pro. Can't find it to enable it. - Similar Threads - Hyper feature got

2. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  3. Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't enable hyper V on window 11 pro: I upgraded to Window 11 pro to use hyper V but it will not enable. I go turn it on in window features it ask me to restart then once my pc restart its disabled still. I tired using command line to enable it and same result. There on error and I have no idea why Hyper-V refuse...
  4. I can't find hyper-v in turn off or on windows features?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't find hyper-v in turn off or on windows features?: I'm looking for hyper-v in "Turn off or on windows features", i've looked everywhere, i still cant find hyper-v, is that normal or no? the closest thing i can find to hyper-v is windows hypervisor platform, but i can't disable that even when i restart my computer. I've looked...
  5. I can't find hyper-v in turn off or on windows features?

I can't find hyper-v in turn off or on windows features?: I'm looking for hyper-v in "Turn off or on windows features", i've looked everywhere, i still cant find hyper-v, is that normal or no? the closest thing i can find to hyper-v is windows hypervisor platform, but i can't disable that even when i restart my computer. I've looked...
  6. cant find/enable hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    cant find/enable hyper v: hi i have a ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HC_FX506HC and i wanted to install a vm but i can enable/finde hyper v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-findenable-hyper-v/cae319f4-d4df-46e0-9604-d117296518cd
  7. cant find/enable hyper v

cant find/enable hyper v: hi i have a ASUS TUF Gaming F15 FX506HC_FX506HC and i wanted to install a vm but i can enable/finde hyper v https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-findenable-hyper-v/cae319f4-d4df-46e0-9604-d117296518cd
  8. Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't Enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional: I can't enable Hyper-V in Windows 10 Professional. I've checked and the relevant BIOS settings are correct. I keep getting 0x800f0831 error codes. See the screen capture below. I get the same code if I try to use the GUI to turn Windows features on or off. I've tried doing a...
  9. Can't Enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Enterprise

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't Enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Enterprise: I have a machine running Windows 10 Enterprise. It used to have Hyper-V enabled, but I disabled it to run VirtualBox. I've now removed virtualbox. Every attempt I've made to enable Hyper-V results in error 0x80073701 (assembly not found). I've tried every suggestion I...
  10. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...