Windows 10: Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

Discus and support Hyper V for windows 10 home edition in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by AlbinJose03, Jul 26, 2020.

1. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home enabled searched by using msinfo. How to disable it? or How can I list that under "Turn windows feature on or off"?

:)

AlbinJose03, Jul 26, 2020
  2. graye Win User

Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

Hummm..... Hyper-V should only be available on 64bit versions of Pro, Enterprise, and Education

Are you looking at the list of "features" and seeing it on the list? It could be that it's just the "management tools" portions of Hyper-V that are available?

graye, Jul 26, 2020
  3. shadowynd Win User

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Jul 26, 2020
  4. shadowynd Win User

Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

So from this I gather that Hyper-V related services would not normally appear on Windows 10 Home? Since my edition shows as Home edition, are there any other ways to tell Win 10 Home from Win 10 Pro/Education/Insiders?

shadowynd, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

1. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition - Similar Threads - Hyper home edition

2. Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition: Hey,Recently I tried to set up a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box. I know it is technically not meant to run on Windows 11, but I tried it anyways. It didn’t go well especially in terms of speed. I started searching the web and discovered that Hyper-V has to be disabled in...
  3. Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition: Hey,Recently I tried to set up a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box. I know it is technically not meant to run on Windows 11, but I tried it anyways. It didn’t go well especially in terms of speed. I started searching the web and discovered that Hyper-V has to be disabled in...
  4. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  5. Hyper-V on Home Edition

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V on Home Edition: i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this: [img] and in Windows Features this: [img] and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:...
  6. Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home: How do you enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 Home? Edit: I've reformatted the question from the original post to help people who may have the same issue in the future, so they will be able to find this solution....
  7. VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".: I use VMware Workstation Player 14 as a Virtual Machine runner. However, when I try to run a virtual machine, VMware tells me: VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware player. I know that Windows 10 Home...
  8. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  9. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...