Windows 10: hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

Discus and support hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I have a problem with Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro 1903. For short, Hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by AndyC743, Oct 29, 2019.

1. AndyC743 Win User

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

Hi,

I have a problem with Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro 1903. For short, Hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled (and vms that already created can run normally.) This issue happened a few weeks ago, last week and today, I fixed this issue by running MediaCreationTool.exe > update this PC now, however it will just good for ~3days.

I connected MS-support (Windows, Tech support, for some personal reason I lost connection with the support) a few days ago and he tried to start some Hyper-v related service @ Services.msc but they stopped immediately, and ask me if I can try to run the Media Creation Tool and see if there are some services that should run but not running. (Later, I tried to launch some Hyper-v related service and when I try to run Hyper-v Guest Compute Service it caused BSoD CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED.) After running MediaCreationTool.exe everything is back to normal, however, there's no difference in Services:

Before (with the issue):

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... 3fd6679e-df60-4970-ae49-552ec16866d3?upload=true.jpg

After (without issue):

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... f3589b77-71ef-40fe-95d3-d9dde2cdbf80?upload=true.jpg

Now (with issue):

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... ba5d37b4-eaf2-4b59-b3de-b4dab2facc20?upload=true.jpg

With the virtual switches, all of them have been disabled and I couldn't enable them. (And in their properties, as well my Ethernet adapter properties, I couldn't enable Microsoft Network Adapter Multiplexor Protocol and Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch, just if you need that info.)

And, in Device Manager, there seems to have some issue:

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... 95f9e5b3-04cb-4751-a81a-5ad0111845a9?upload=true.jpg

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... ce975570-f29d-4e2e-9288-6307d3b1bf57?upload=true.jpg hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... 4f4b70ae-6d59-4ea5-a205-93b4d6944edb?upload=true.jpg

I also tried to disable and then enable Hyper-V, but as the last few times, it's not working. So, any ideas on how to fix this? I really do not want to run the Media Creation Tool the 3rd time in this week.

:)

AndyC743, Oct 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 x64 v1809 - Hyper-V Virtual Switch Manager Unable to Create Default Switch

After upgrading to v1809 from v1803, I turned Hyper-V feature Off then On.

Since the upgrade, the Default Switch no longer exists and the Virtual Switch Manager is unable to crate it automatically as it would normally. I can see the Default Switch appear for a few seconds in the Network Adapters, then its gone. This happens
    several time whenever I launch the Virtual Switch Manager.

I can create other virtual switches.

Once the Virtual Switch Manager lists the Default Switch with a Load Failed message.

I have used netcfg -d command to delete all adapters and Turned Hyper-V feature Off/On several times with no success.

Suggestions welcome. hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... :) Thanks

JamesR_631, Oct 29, 2019
  3. Error while creating Virtual Switch in Virtual Switch Manager in Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Education

Error while creating Virtual Switch in Virtual Switch Manager in Hyper-V Manager on Windows 10 Education.

Once I click on Virtual Switch Manager , I get below error

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... 0f0b73ef-299d-4341-b088-264b5324d37d.jpg

ArchanaBhimireddy, Oct 29, 2019
  4. hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

That leads to this issue though:
    Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking Solved - Windows 10 Forums

That states that I need to create a virtual switch first, so which comes first?

juanbeegahs, Oct 29, 2019
Thema:

hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,...

1. hyper-v generic error when open virtual switch manager, virtual switches cannot be enabled,... - Similar Threads - hyper generic error

2. How to configure the Virtual Switch in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    How to configure the Virtual Switch in Hyper-V: [IMG]A Virtual Switch (vSwitch) software allows one virtual machine (VM) to communicate with another. They are also used to connect virtual and physical networks and to transport VM traffic to other VMs or physical networks. However, keep in mind that Virtual Switch is...
  3. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  4. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  5. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  6. Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking

Can't enable Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch in Networking: I can find the dialog to enable the Hyper-V Extensible Switch for my network card but when I say OK then it says: "Your current selection will also disable the following features: Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch" Yes or No Either way the selection becomes...
  7. Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.

Hyper-V error when creating virtual switch.: Hi this is my first post but I am really confused as to an issue with hyper-V Whenever I go to open the virtual switch manager, it says; The operation on computer 'DESKTOP-V1A0142' failed: Generic error. Is there anyway to fix this. I have not yet created any switches...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v network generic failure

2. ENABLE HYPER-v EXTENSIBLE VIRTUAL SWITCH ON HPe ETHERNET