Windows 10: Hyper V Greyed Out

Discus and support Hyper V Greyed Out in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hey guys. I wanted to create a virtual PC on my computer and learned that Windows 10 has Hyper V. So I went to windows features and activated it. It... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by TheNewGuy1, May 28, 2020.

1. Hyper V Greyed Out

Hey guys. I wanted to create a virtual PC on my computer and learned that Windows 10 has Hyper V. So I went to windows features and activated it. It can install the Hyper-V tools but the Hyper-V platform and services are greyed out. I've read that it dosen't work on Windows 10 Home but my version is Windows 10 Pro so I don't get it.

Windows Version Number: 17763.1158

:)

TheNewGuy1, May 28, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 28, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    dalchina, May 28, 2020
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Hyper V Greyed Out

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, May 28, 2020
Thema:

Hyper V Greyed Out

1. Hyper V Greyed Out - Similar Threads - Hyper Greyed

2. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  3. Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper- V crash cause of not compatible Hardware ?: I wanted to Use hyper-V function on PC windows 11 PC.I belive the problem can be that i run it on not supported hardware. I run it on FX 8300.It works perfectly fine but when i insall the Hyper-v function and turned it on it bios i got Bluescreens.Can it be a diffrent reason...
  4. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  5. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  6. How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel: So, I'm trying to disable hyper v to run WSV3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hyper-v-if-there-is-no-option-in/a39644cf-ed5d-422a-9a98-af0ed7de25fd
  7. How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel

How do I disable Hyper V if there is no option in my control panel: So, I'm trying to disable hyper v to run WSV3. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-disable-hyper-v-if-there-is-no-option-in/a39644cf-ed5d-422a-9a98-af0ed7de25fd
  8. Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM: I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 . When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed. I tried using Power Shall With Admin permission and typed : Get-VMHost | fl -Property EnableEnhancedSessionMode This is what I got back :...
  9. Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM

in Windows 10 Support
    Win 10 Pro Hyper V Enhanced session Greyed out no sound for VM: I installed window Vista using the tutorials I found here for Hyper V on Window Pro 10 . When adding Enhanced Session it is greyed. I tried using Power Shall With Admin permission and typed : Get-VMHost | fl -Property EnableEnhancedSessionMode This is what I got back :...
  10. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v platform greyed out

2. hyper-v hypervisor is greyed out