Windows 10: Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start

Discus and support Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, I'm running Wiin10 using Hyper-V as a virtual test box for some small projects. Lately, when trying to install a guest OS Debian Linux in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Halidan, Mar 23, 2020.

1. Halidan Win User

Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start

Hello, I'm running Wiin10 using Hyper-V as a virtual test box for some small projects. Lately, when trying to install a guest OS Debian Linux in this case I can create a new virtual machine just fine.. but when I try to start it, it hangs up on the debian boot splash screen for a very long time, before I ever get the options to start installing the OS.

After a while seems to vary on how long 5+ minutes usually it will eventually start going forward, and then the guest system seems to work fine.

no obvious outward errors displayed, and I am not seeing any warnings or errors in the host system event logs.

Any ideas on what is causing the system to take so long to get going?

:)

Halidan, Mar 23, 2020
  2. BulldogXX Win User
    BulldogXX, Mar 23, 2020
  3. s.kongrath, Mar 23, 2020
  4. GalaxyGe Win User

Hyper-V: Lost Communication during install XPMode in Windows 7 guest

When first time installing XPmode in a Windows 7 guest hosted by Hyper V on my Windows 10, the installation freezes and Hyper-V Manager says: Communication Lost.

This happens a lillle time after step 10 of this guide is started : Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup - Windows 7 Help Forums

I've increased Memory for Windows 7 guest to 6144 MB, but no joy.
    I'm on Windows 10, build 15063.726. 16GB RAM, using Virtual Switch.

This happens similar when I manually create a Virtual Machine in Virtual PC and try to boot it. *Rolleyes

GalaxyGe, Mar 23, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V guest install takes long time to start - Similar Threads - Hyper guest install

2. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  3. Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Credential Guard ON but not working in Hyper V guest.: I am running a Windows Server 2022 Standard Edition Eval Build 20348 in Hyper V on a Windows 11 22H2 host machine. Even after enabling Credential Guard, I can see the NTLM hash. What am I doing wrong?The following is the screenshot from System InformationFrom Device...
  4. Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Error for running Game on Hyper-V Guest [ Unsupported GPU in Guest ]: Hi. I installed Hyper-V in Windows server 2016 & created Guest with Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC & Enabled RemoteFX 3D Video Adaptor & specified 1g memory for that. After Insallation "CSGO Game" in Guest; this is error shown by running that [ATTACH] while that game...
  5. Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V and Windows 10 Guest speed: What are the best memory settings for a Windows 10 Guest on Hyper-V? 16 Gb of physical memory 127556
  6. Hyper-V: Lost Communication during install XPMode in Windows 7 guest

Hyper-V: Lost Communication during install XPMode in Windows 7 guest: When first time installing XPmode in a Windows 7 guest hosted by Hyper V on my Windows 10, the installation freezes and Hyper-V Manager says: Communication Lost. This happens a lillle time after step 10 of this guide is started : Windows XP Mode - Install and Setup -...
  7. No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest

No full screen console in Windows XP running as Hyper-V guest: I have an old DOS program that runs fine in a console window under native Windows XP. I've setup a shortcut on the XP machines and selected full screen. When the application runs it opens full screen. On a Windows 10 with a Hyper-V instance of Windows XP the application is...
  8. Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install

Hyper v Integrated services on guest not able to install: Hi I have a vm with win 7 guest os that i can not install integrated services on the option to install it is not in the action meny. have read a lot of post on the internet but nothing seams to help. have logged on as admin on both the host and guest. even tried a...
  9. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  10. Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.

Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (10240) and have a guest Windows 10 VM (10528) which were working fine. Both were activated and connected to internet correctly. Today I booted the VM as native boot VHDX. This installed some drivers, connected to internet and...