Windows 10: Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

Discus and support Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I have a weird issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise and I've spent hours to solve it in vain. I have HyperV enabled with several VMs created. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by BoarTheWizard, Feb 26, 2020.

1. Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

Hi,
    I have a weird issue on my Windows 10 Enterprise and I've spent hours to solve it in vain. I have HyperV enabled with several VMs created. I have an external virtual switch created for my Wifi connection that is used by the VMs. Everything was running just fine for a couple of months until recently. I did not do any changes to my network interfaces.
    Right now every time I log into any of my VMs, my Wifi connection on the host is lost. I can still connect to the internet from the guest VM, but I cannot do anything from the host. Wifi just gets disconnected and I am not able to reconnect. When I shutdown the guest VM I can reconnect the host to my Wifi just fine.
    I suspected Windows Update kb4532693 as the culprit, but uninstallation did not help for this. I have tried to delete the virtual switch and create it again, but that did not help. I tried to attach an internal virtual switch to my VM and then share Wifi connection on my host to this interface, but that did not work either. I tried changing various settings on my eternal virtual switch with no result.
    This is really annoying problem as all was working properly until recently and it's driving me nuts.

Does anyone have any idea what could be wrong?

:)

BoarTheWizard, Feb 26, 2020

2. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Feb 26, 2020
  3. joerayner Win User
    Secure file share with between host and hyper-v guest

I have a windows 10 host running hyper-v. I want to share the files that are on the host securely with a hyper-v vm without having to copy the files, i.e. the file share is on the host not the guest.

Current method is to set up a file share on the host and disable authentication for ALL file shares, this is so that I do not need to store the host account
    credential on the VM which would be a risk. I then set up a internal virtual switch in hyper-v and disable files sharing protocal on ALL other network interfaces on the host. I not sure this is secure but its defiantly not very elegant for such a seeming
    simple problem.

I can see it causeing problems in the future when we need another files share on the host for a differnet reason.

Is there a simpler, less invasive way to do this?

joerayner, Feb 26, 2020
  4. arlgb Win User

Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

Windows 10 Hyper-V network connectivity lost after a while

I'm using the latest Windows 10 Pro build, installed Hyper-V, created a VM (windows 10 as well), with the default switch. Once up and running, the VM got Windows updates, and eventually lost network connectivity with the host. I re-created the VM 3 times
    now and same thing, after a while the connectivity is lost. Inside the VM there are no network connections. I tried un-installing Hyper-V and re-installing it, on the host, and nothing.

Any ideas?

Thanks

arlgb, Feb 26, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection

1. Hyper-V guest VM blocks host's network connection - Similar Threads - Hyper guest blocks

2. Clipboard between host and Hyper-V guest not working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clipboard between host and Hyper-V guest not working: I enabled Hyper-V and installed Windows XP (for very old apps). Everything seemed to be fine until I realize that I cannot transfer files between the host and the guest using clipboard! Any idea? Thanks! 169021
  3. XP VM with Hyper V on Win 10 and network connectivity

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    XP VM with Hyper V on Win 10 and network connectivity: Hi Folks, I am running Hyper V on a windows 10 machine. I am trying to run an XP virtual machine within Hyper V. All is running but the network has limited or no connectivity, so i cannot connect to my local network or map the drive to the server. I have the Network adapter...
  4. Firewall blocking access from Hyper-V VM to host over Internal network even though there is...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Firewall blocking access from Hyper-V VM to host over Internal network even though there is...: I have a Linux VM which is using a Internal network to connect to the host with NAT enabled. The host IP address is 192.168.215.1 and the Linux VM has an IP address of 192.168.215.2. I have the following firewall rule which allows access from the Hyper-V subnet to the host:...
  5. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Setup internet connection of Hyper-v VM to isolate VM and host

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Setup internet connection of Hyper-v VM to isolate VM and host: I'd like to set up a VM (with Hyper-v) with a Linux distro. I want to isolate VM and host as more as possible. I don't enable advanced mode. But VM should be connected to Internet. I didn't think it was a matter but I was alarmed by this article...
  8. VM connection issue with Hyper-V

VM connection issue with Hyper-V: I have had this long standing issue with Hyper-V VMconnection as follows. Sometimes I have a VM in a window, and I go to maximise it to full screen, but the windows 10 display part does no resize to full Window. Ok that is usually sorted by clicking the Hyper-V control bar...
  9. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  10. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v vms blocking hosts rdp connection

2. hyper-v vm blocking network connections