Windows 10: Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool

Discus and support Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; How do I disable hnsdiag after I disable hypervisor. This keeps opening up ports on my firewall?... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Jonathan Lee jlee102, Jan 31, 2021.

1. Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool

How do I disable hnsdiag after I disable hypervisor. This keeps opening up ports on my firewall?

:)

Jonathan Lee jlee102, Jan 31, 2021
  2. jbl1985 Win User

Hyper V Integration Services are not Available

I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu after I connect to the VM to install Integration services, there is no such option under the Action Menu to Insert Integration Services Setup Disk . The instructions
    seem so simple but I seem to be missing something. Thanks in advance for any insight.

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services
    Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may need to start the installation
      manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Jan 31, 2021
  3. Kari Win User
    Cannot connect to network in Hyper-V when using default network

Instead of using RDP to connect to virtual machines which are using Default switch on remote host, I just add that host to my Hyper-V Manager on primary host.

Click Hyper-V Manager on left pane:

Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool [​IMG]

On Actions pane, select Connect to Server:

Enter remote Hyper-V host name:

If that remote host does not have exactly the same admin user credentials than your primary host, select Connect as another user entering the credentials to remote host:

That's it.

Note To connect to remote Hyper-V host, both your primary host and remote host must have WinRM service running and Trusted Hosts list on both hosts must contain both computers.

Prerequisites are exactly the same than in using Windows Admin Center to connect to remote computers. See Part One in this tutorial to set both computers up correctly: Windows Admin Center - Centrally manage all your Windows 10 PCs | Windows 10 Tutorials

Step 3.9 in above mentioned tutorial will show some troubleshooting tips if you cannot add remote hosts in Hyper-V Manager.
    This way, you can connect to any VM on remote host, with normal or enhanced mode. This basically makes RDP unnecessary.

4. Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool

Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Jan 31, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool

1. Hyper-V Host Network Service Diagnostics Tool - Similar Threads - Hyper Host Network

2. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  3. Hyper V Networking

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Networking: Hello I am trying to get my 6 different VLANS to communicate with each other on the same Hyper V Host.In fact my networking skills are very rusty and i am looking for some help and guidance.The below is my setup:i have a Managed Switch with VLANs with an uplink from the...
  4. diagnostic service host and diagnostic system host running

in Windows 10 Support
    diagnostic service host and diagnostic system host running: I have noticed when I turn on my computer in the morning I have diagnostic service host and diagnostic system host running and they are set to manual. Then later on in the day I have not touched anything and diagnostic system host is not running any more but the diagnostic...
  5. Hyper-V host performance hit?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V host performance hit?: Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of users especially in gaming have been seeing performance hits up to 30% performance loss. or up to 20-40 fps loss in gaming....
  6. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  7. HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST

HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST: Hi there I can't install HYPER-V properly on a W10 HOST -- gets message about something in BIOS not enabled. Installs fine on W8.1 . On W10 the boxes are greyed out. Cheers jimbo 2284
  8. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  9. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...
  10. Hyper V not Showing Host Machine

Hyper V not Showing Host Machine: Hyper V Manager Not showing Host Machine so i can make virtual machine screen shoot is below [img] 51539