Windows 10: Hyper-V host performance hit?

Discus and support Hyper-V host performance hit? in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by RobertWillis3594, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Hyper-V host performance hit?

Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of users especially in gaming have been seeing performance hits up to 30% performance loss. or up to 20-40 fps loss in gaming. I'm not using my surface for gaming, just using the gaming as a reference. I'm also wondering how much battery loss/desktop performance will be lost as well. I haven't been able to find any modern articles or forum posts on this so I'm not sure if this is still the case. Is there still this performance hit?

:)

RobertWillis3594, Mar 21, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 21, 2020
  3. Resetting a Windows 10 that hosts a VM using Hyper-V

My Windows 10 Pro that I use to host a virtual machine using Hyper-V had a windows update failure and is unable to boot. I have tried to system restore with no success and also startup repair with no success. My next step was to try to reset the PC and
    I would like to know if resetting the PC will delete my Hyper-V virtual machine?

ScottTech1, Mar 21, 2020
  4. Hyper-V host performance hit?

Hyper-V problem

Hi something happened.i think it is related network problem

i have 5 hyper-v host

and all my vm on the failover cluster show that they are restarted in migrating prosess

error this VM failed to perform the operation.The virtual machine is not in a valid state to perform the operation.

i need to learn if all on my 5 hyper-v host had network problem. and vm's starte to migrate and didnt find active network connection by host then went to restart. is it should be right?

imranabdullayev, Mar 21, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V host performance hit?

1. Hyper-V host performance hit? - Similar Threads - Hyper host performance

2. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  3. Connecting host wifi to hyper v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Connecting host wifi to hyper v: HiI want to know how to connect my host wifi adapter from windows 11 to hyper v Ubuntu.Currently in hyper v internet connection is working via ethernet via bridge connection....
  4. Hyper-V performance

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V performance: Hi! I have a c++ application that calculates 100 factorial a million times. I ran it on windows host machine and it took a few milliseconds to get processed but if I run it on Oracle linux 7.3 Guest machine created through Hyper-V, it takes 40 seconds. Host machine:...
  5. Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Very slow file transfer from hyper-v to host drive: I have my hard drives connected using enhanced mode options to a hyper-v vm (10 pro). I have always had issues with slow file transfer, and was pointed down route of setting up folders as network shares, and I got much faster file transfer times. However, I am trying to...
  6. Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-

Windows 10 Host Hyper-V RemoteFX VGPU Gaming-: Hello, Sorry if this post already exist somewhere else, I checked through all of the category's pages and didn't find anything related. Reasoning behind this whole endeavor: I want to separate Programming, gaming and DBA activities from my main OS. Basically I'm OCD...
  7. HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST

HYPER-V won't install properly on W10 HOST: Hi there I can't install HYPER-V properly on a W10 HOST -- gets message about something in BIOS not enabled. Installs fine on W8.1 . On W10 the boxes are greyed out. Cheers jimbo 2284
  8. Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar

Hyper-V VM shows host taskbar: Today, mysteriously both my Hyper-V vms are showing the taskbar of the host instead of the vm in enhanced session mode. They have always shown vm's taskbar until today. I can use the Windows key to bring up vm's task bar, but this is really annoying. Does anyone have an idea...
  9. stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host

stalled install of hyper-v on win 10 pro host: Hi, I hope someone may be able to point me in the right direction. I am installing win 10 pro on my machine, which goes fine, then when i try to install hyper-v (add program and features) it seems to go well, reboots, tells me installing features, reboots again, then just...
  10. Hyper V not Showing Host Machine

Hyper V not Showing Host Machine: Hyper V Manager Not showing Host Machine so i can make virtual machine screen shoot is below [img] 51539