Windows 10: Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Discus and support Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by martyfelker, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated.

I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition.

The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK but when I tried to start a VM I created (in this case Windows Server 2016 TP4 since I want to explore the new nested Hyper-V feature) I got the message that the Hyperrvisor was not running. Indeed when I created the services admin tool the HV was not running although it was set to staRt automatic. I could not start it - failed immediately. Most annoying I could not remove the Hyper-V feature. Windows started the removal process after rebooting but then rolled the changes back because it could not apply them. I restored Windows 10 from a recent image I created using AOEMI Backupper. The restore worked flawlessly and instead of trying to remove Hyper-V I've disabled all its processes. Now I can install VMware Workstation and Virtualbox but I really wanted to try Hyper-V

Has anybody got Hyper-V working on Windows 10?- what version if so. Is there a workaround for the Insider Preview or if not how I can I file a bug?

TIA
    V

:)

martyfelker, Dec 24, 2015
  2. Decinex Win User

Doesn't Hyper-V work in Windows 10?

Make sure that you have installed the right Windows features for hyper-V.

The Hyper-V management tools, hypervisor and Hyper-V services.

Decinex, Dec 24, 2015
  3. Since Windows 10 Fall Creators Update (1709) - Constant High CPU Usage from System, ICS, Firewall, CoreMessaging and Filter Motor

Folks i had te same issue, solved by removing Hyper-V feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Remove Hyper-V Feature.

Roberto Rodrigues, Dec 24, 2015
  4. essenbe Win User

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

essenbe, Dec 24, 2015
  5. Cliff S New Member
    Cliff S, Dec 24, 2015
  6. Not exactly. No error codes at all. Just Hypervisor is not running. Indee when I look at services administration HV Host Process is not running and when I tell it to start it just says "started and exited immediately". Like I said I can't remove the feature now and have to disable all the hypervisor services - then I could and did install VMware and Virtualbox. There is a faint possibilty I can install Hyper-V inside a VMware Windows VM - but I haven't been able to since Windows Server 2008 R2.
    Probably Hyper-V will work on Windows Server 2016 but I'm using ESXi.

martyfelker, Dec 24, 2015
  7. Kari Win User
    This might work, at least it would be the first thing I would test:

Restore your previous Windows version, the TH2 v. 1511 Build 10586 (tutorial). Set up Hyper-V and install & run at least one vm, shut down the vm, reboot the host PC and only then upgrade to 11082.

8. essenbe Win User

@martyfelker, Kari is out resident expert on Hyper V (among several other things as well).

essenbe, Dec 24, 2015
  9. Thanks Karl.

However its just too much work to downgrade and then upgrade on the chance of a possibility. I'll stick with VMware and an ESXi Server where I now upgrading a Windows 10 VM to 11082. I can live without Hyper-V right now.

martyfelker, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature - Similar Threads - Hyper Hypervisor running

2. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Gaming
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  3. 0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    0x140 Hyper-V Hypervisor mode: hi, i have a problem with game lineage 2 interlude showing error after starting game. msg is : Virtual machine detected 0x140.Maybe windows is launched in Hyper-V hypervisor mode,please turn off in order to run the game.click yes and active anticheat will do it for you the...
  4. Hyper V Hypervisor

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper V Hypervisor: So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it...
  5. Hyper-v feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-v feature: Hello, I am using Hyper-v to create virtual machines windows/linux for testing I did enroled to a class and we have to use virtualBox to import ready machines *.ovf files for our training and labs. I did disable Hyper-v feature in my windows but all Hyper-v network...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...
  8. Clarification on Hyper-V

Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  9. Hyper-V no sound

Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v feature removal stuck

2. hyper v problem hypervisor not running