Windows 10: Hyper V Hypervisor

Discus and support Hyper V Hypervisor in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Kilde_0, May 4, 2021.

1. Kilde_0 Win User

Hyper V Hypervisor

So this file says that I need to enable Virtualization Technology on my computer in order to install it. It is enabled, and just to check, i disabled it in order to see what it would say. It says that I need to enable VT on my computer and the file is greyed out.SO why is it that, I have VT enabled on my computer that whenever I try to install Hyper V Hypervisor, I check back into the "Turn Windows Features On or Off" that there isn't a checkbox for that specific file? Is that supposed to happen?And yes, I do have the other 3 requirements needed to run Hyper V enabled.

:)

Kilde_0, May 4, 2021
  2. 智鍵關 Win User

Using Hypervisor before running Hyper-V

I want to use Hyper-V creating virtual disk to install iso software. After I created virtual disk by Hyper-V, it could not work and showed the following message: hypervisor was not executed !

I tried to input a couple of command at the powershell (administration) :

bcdedit /store c: BootBCD /set hypervisorlaunchtype Auto

bcdedit /set hypervisorlaunchtype auto

dism /online/eabl-feature/ featurename: Microsoft-Hyper-V-All

````````````` it is still not working ~~~~~ for Hyper-V

Please advise me how to do !

Enclosed with 2 screen images of what I did.

***Original title: how to open hypervisor before using hyper-V in Windows Pro ?***

智鍵關, May 4, 2021
  3. Using Hypervisor before running Hyper-V

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand your query related to using Hypervisor before Hyper-V on your PC, and I certainly appreciate your efforts in trying to resolve the issue by following certain troubleshooting steps.

We do have a dedicated forum, where you should be able to find support. Let me help you in pointing towards the right direction, I would suggest you to post your query on

TechNet forums
    , where we have expertise and support professionals well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V to assist you with your query.

Regards,

Prakhar Khare

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Prakhar_Khare, May 4, 2021
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Hyper V Hypervisor

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Hyper V Hypervisor d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, May 4, 2021
Thema:

Hyper V Hypervisor

1. Hyper V Hypervisor - Similar Threads - Hyper Hypervisor

2. Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Is Hyper-V needed on a Win10 Home system?: I bought a manual for a product I have and it came as a VM Database which until a few months ago, worked as expected. Then, perhaps following a Win update when launched, I would get a msg saying VM is not compatible with HYPER_V and it would shut down the launch. I have...
  3. Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Blue Screen Error after Hyper-V Hypervisor enabled: Dear All, I have been facing issues with the laptop with constant crashes. Earlier I thought the issue was with a faulty driver for Intel Management Engine 15.0 Software for Windows 10 Version 1709 or Later - ThinkPad T490s, X390 and tried many ways to update it but it...
  4. Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Trying to Enable Hyper-V but showing: "A hypervisor has been detected. Features required...: Hi there, I am trying to enable Hyper-V as per instructions from https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/xamarin/android/get-started/installation/android-emulator/hardware-acceleration?pivots=windows After enabling virtualization in my BIOS, when using systeminfo in the command...
  5. Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows isn't waking up after turning on Hypervisor platform and Hyper-V, need to interrupt...: Title says it all. Need help! By isn't waking I mean there's blank screen. Keyboard backlits are on, and LED indicators are working. submitted by /u/lycheejuice225 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/kmfybq/windows_isnt_waking_up_after_turning_on/
  6. Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Struggling to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10 with AMD Ryzen: "A hypervisor has been detected": Gigabyte Aorus X470 Gaming 7 WIFI AMD Ryzen 2700X Windows 10 64-bit v. 1903 BIOS F31 AMD Chipset driver v. 19 I have enabled SVM in the BIOS (which is a Gigabyte term for virtualization). I have installed Hyper-V in Windows features. I'm running msinfo32 and expect to see...
  7. How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor and then end it?: Hi! I tried Windows Phone Emulator in Hyper-V. It reports that Hyper-V Hypervisor is not running error. So, How to start Hyper-V Hypervisor? And also - how to stop Hyper-V Hypervisor? I need it. No matter of solution, I accept also writing into Windows registry - I'm not...
  8. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  9. Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out

Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out: Build 14316. Hyper-v Hypervisor greyed out. I have Intel VT enabled in the UEFI BIOS. Any suggestions? EDIT: Processor i5 4460 which has vt-x capabilities. However Intel Processor id utility says it doesn't. Hypervisor worked with previous builds EDIT: When I...
  10. Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running

Hyper-V fails to run a virtual machine saying hypervisor*isn't running: Hi all, Title says it all. I'm using Win10 Enterprise edition Insider Preview 15007 on an Intel Core 2 duo based notebook with 4gb ram. When I tried hyper-v some months ago, it succeeded. I don't know why it doesn't run. Intel Virtualization Technology is on according...