Windows 10: Hyper-V install methods not working

Discus and support Hyper-V install methods not working in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Trying to install hyper-v on windows 10 pro and none of the ways shown online are working properly... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Philip A Ben, Oct 29, 2018.

1. Hyper-V install methods not working

Trying to install hyper-v on windows 10 pro and none of the ways shown online are working properly

:)

Philip A Ben, Oct 29, 2018

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 29, 2018
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Oct 29, 2018
  4. BulldogXX Win User

Hyper-V install methods not working

Hyper V

Hyper-V is either installed or not installed. It cannot be disabled.

After I was done experimenting with Hyper-V I deleted my VM and uninstalled Hyper-V. Poof, gone.

Hyper-V worked fine for me, but I still prefer VMWare. Hyper-V works best with Ethernet; it's trickier with WiFi.

BulldogXX, Oct 29, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V install methods not working

1. Hyper-V install methods not working - Similar Threads - Hyper install methods

2. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  3. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  4. WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WSL2 not working after Hyper-V installation: WSl2 Windows subsystem for Linux 2 worked great until I installed Hyper-V, which I also uninstalled but WSL2 still doesn't work. Error message: "The system cannot find the specified file."How can i fix it?[moved from de-de]...
  5. Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  6. Hyper-V Installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V Installation: Hello all, Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my Windows 10 Pro machine. I asked if there was a Microsoft program, such as "Virtual PC," which I had installed on my Windows 7 Professional machine -...
  7. Hyper V not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V not working: Hyper V quick create showing not found error and closing automatically. What can I do to repair it. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-working/2b91e86c-7ff8-4ea6-841b-db751d108036
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Error when installing Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Error when installing Hyper-V: I thought I would try out Hyper-V for the first time ever. However I'm getting an error message when installing it. [img] 17535
  10. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v not working