Windows 10: Hyper-V Installation

Discus and support Hyper-V Installation in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all, Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my Windows 10 Pro machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AnbroBR, Apr 12, 2019.

1. AnbroBR Win User

Hyper-V Installation

Hello all,

Thanks to everyone who replied to my las question in regard to installing Microsoft's "Virtual PC" program on my

Windows 10 Pro machine. I asked if there was a Microsoft program, such as "Virtual PC," which I had installed on

my Windows 7 Professional machine - so that I could run a program that would not run on any operating system

newer than XP.

I installed Microsoft's Hyper-V on this Windows 10 machine. At least, I think that I have installed it correctly. When

I click the "Start" button in the lower left corner of the Desktop and scroll down the program list, there are two

entries - in Windows Administrative Tools: Hyper-V Manager and Hyper-V Quick Create.

I am not sure what I need to do next. On the Windows 7 machine, an icon was created on the Desktop, called

"Windows XP Mode" and I went to that and installed the program that would not run on any operating system

newer than XP. Do I need to go out and purchase a (legitimate) copy of the Windows XP operating system and

install it on the Windows 10 machine, or is the computer all ready for the installation of this program that I am

trying to run on the Windows 10 machine?

Thank you very much for any assistance with this!

Brad Anbro

Bluff City, Tennessee

:)

AnbroBR, Apr 12, 2019

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 12, 2019
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Apr 12, 2019
  4. Hyper-V Installation

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Apr 12, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V Installation

1. Hyper-V Installation - Similar Threads - Hyper Installation

2. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  3. Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot install Hyper-V, Error : 0x800f0831: Hello Everyone,I tried to install Hyper-V on my physical installation Windows Server 2016 Standard Edition, but I can't, and I received this error message: 0x800f0831. I have opened CBS file for more details, and I saw that informations in the pictures....
  4. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  5. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  6. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  8. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...: event ID 400, 410. 420 Kernel-PnP https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-is-my-pc-keep-installing-hyper-v-ethernet-even/5e8246f1-148e-4f9f-90ef-da23a95c3d64
  9. why is my pc keep installing hyper v ethernet even i uninstall/disable it? What does it...

in Windows 10 Gaming
  10. Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Trying to install a hyper-v on windows 11 home.: Hi, I'm trying to play an old computer game that required Windows 2000 or earlier. I have Windows 11 home, when I checked to see if the computer could run a hyper-v it said: a hypervisor has been detected. features required for hyper-v will not be displayed.I don't know how...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. how to look at hyper-v log failed iso installation?

2. virtualisation is disable in the firmware

3. hyper install failed