Windows 10: Hyper V internet access so slooooow

Discus and support Hyper V internet access so slooooow in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi there,Recently installed one of my original Windows 7 DVD as a VM under Hyper V on a HP laptop using Windows 10 and although the installation seemed... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Glyn Hughes2, Mar 21, 2023.

1. Hyper V internet access so slooooow

Hi there,Recently installed one of my original Windows 7 DVD as a VM under Hyper V on a HP laptop using Windows 10 and although the installation seemed to go OK trying to access the Internet is painfully slow despite my creating a new Virtual Switch.I can open IE8 on the Win 7 VM but most sites I go to will not load. I can type bbc.co.uk or Google.com and things load OK although the layout is wacky which I put down to the fact that IE8 is old now.However I cannot load a page on the Microsoft website to download Edge so I seem to be stuck here.I can't activate Windows 7 online as the page won't

:)

Glyn Hughes2, Mar 21, 2023
  2. IlyaUtkin Win User

Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.

I want to completely block internet access to all applications on a virtual machine running in Hyper-V (W). Is it enough to select "network adapter not connected" in Hyper-V manager settings? In other words, if I select "network adapter not connected "in Hyper-V setting will access to the internet will be COMPLETELY blocked to all apps on a VM including the operating system running on the VM?

IlyaUtkin, Mar 21, 2023
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 21, 2023
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Hyper V internet access so slooooow

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Mar 21, 2023
Thema:

Hyper V internet access so slooooow

1. Hyper V internet access so slooooow - Similar Threads - Hyper internet access

2. Hyper V internet access so slooooow

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V internet access so slooooow: Hi there,Recently installed one of my original Windows 7 DVD as a VM under Hyper V on a HP laptop using Windows 10 and although the installation seemed to go OK trying to access the Internet is painfully slow despite my creating a new Virtual Switch.I can open IE8 on the Win...
  3. Hyper V internet access so slooooow

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper V internet access so slooooow: Hi there,Recently installed one of my original Windows 7 DVD as a VM under Hyper V on a HP laptop using Windows 10 and although the installation seemed to go OK trying to access the Internet is painfully slow despite my creating a new Virtual Switch.I can open IE8 on the Win...
  4. Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.: I want to completely block internet access to application for a virtual machine running in Hyper-V W. Is it enough to select "network adapter not connected" for the virtual machine in Hyper-V manager settings. In other words, if I select "network adapter not select "in...
  5. Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.

Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.: I want to completely block internet access to application for a virtual machine running in Hyper-V W. Is it enough to select "network adapter not connected" for the virtual machine in Hyper-V manager settings. In other words, if I select "network adapter not select "in...
  6. Blocking internet access for VW in HYPER-V.

7. Why is Hyper V So bad?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Why is Hyper V So bad?: Been on this for days now, trying to run enhanced session. First ubuntu failed to run enhanced despite trying everything an following every fix, but at least that runs, never had an issue with oracle vm box an installing windows operating systems either. Just spent several...
  8. Hyper-V Internet Access

Hyper-V Internet Access: Please, is there anyone out there that can help me with connecting a Hyper-V virtual machine to the internet? I have now tried everything possible and read everything I could find on the internet, but still my VMs refuse to connect to the internet. What am I still doing...
  9. Hyper-V Internet Connection

Hyper-V Internet Connection: I have created a virtual Android machine with Hyper-V in Windows 10. I am however unable to establish any internet connection to the Android machine. Can I somehow create some virtual cable connection between the host and the Android VM as I did before with VirtualBox and how...
  10. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247