Windows 10: Hyper-V Internet Connection

Discus and support Hyper-V Internet Connection in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created a virtual Android machine with Hyper-V in Windows 10. I am however unable to establish any internet connection to the Android machine.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Wysneus, Oct 10, 2020.

1. Wysneus Win User

Hyper-V Internet Connection

I have created a virtual Android machine with Hyper-V in Windows 10. I am however unable to establish any internet connection to the Android machine. Can I somehow create some virtual cable connection between the host and the Android VM as I did before with VirtualBox and how do I go about doing it?

:)

Wysneus, Oct 10, 2020

2. Problem in geting Hyper--V connecting to internet

Greetings Ladies and Gentlemen, I have a Windows 10 Pro 64 bit, Windows Defender on a laptop. I update twice daily. I have installed Hyper-V and gotten as far as enabling vethernet switch. But I have been unable to get internal switch enabled. Under control
    panel, network and internet, network connections I have: vethernet (default switch) disabled Hyper--V ethernet system and underneath that I have vethernet (new virtual switch) disabled Hyper--V ethernet system. How do I get the best one connected to the internet
    ? I tried enabling but can not remove neither of them and reinstall one. Troubleshooting, both of them, suggested a reboot, that did not do anything. Please tell me how can I correct this ? Thank you

CharlesLaMonte, Oct 10, 2020
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Oct 10, 2020
  4. Thagstrom Win User

Problem in geting Hyper--V connecting to internet

Hello! I am an Independent Advisor, I would love to help you out!

You are wanting to connect VM's to the Hyper-v switch and connect them to the internet correct?

I would recommend this article:

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/virtualization...

You need to use the hyper-v virtual switch manager to create a new virtual switch, or edit one.

After that you need to go to the settings of the VM and connect it to that specific virtual switch.

Hope this helps!

Thagstrom, Oct 10, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Internet Connection - Similar Threads - Hyper Internet Connection

2. Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues: Everyone, I currently have a Windows 11 Pro machine in which Hyper-V is being used to create a Windows 10 Home virtual machine. While the creation of the virtual machine was successful, I am having issues in two key areas: A: I cannot ping from the virtual machine to a device...
  3. Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM Internet/Ethernet Connection Issues: Everyone, I currently have a Windows 11 Pro machine in which Hyper-V is being used to create a Windows 10 Home virtual machine. While the creation of the virtual machine was successful, I am having issues in two key areas: A: I cannot ping from the virtual machine to a device...
  4. Hyper-V Internet Access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Internet Access: Please, is there anyone out there that can help me with connecting a Hyper-V virtual machine to the internet? I have now tried everything possible and read everything I could find on the internet, but still my VMs refuse to connect to the internet. What am I still doing...
  5. Hyper-V Connection Lost

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Connection Lost: I am having trouble establishing a stable connection to a Windows 10 VM and the issue appears when I activate enhanced mode. The error message that I'm getting quite often is the following: "The connection was lost because another user connected to the virtual machine." There...
  6. Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet

Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet: When I was at build 10074 I had Hyper-V working and the Virtual Machine (also at build 10130 but several days before the host upgraded) had LAN and internet access. After the upgrade to 10130 the VM can see the host on in the Network, but not the internet. Network adn...
  7. Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection

Linux under Hyper-V: RDP connection: I'm not sure if this is the correct place for this, but is there any way to speed up my RDP connection to an openSUSE guest running locally under Hyper-V? I'm using a NAT vSwitch to provide it with both Internet and host connectivity and remote over the static IP is has on...
  8. Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.

Hyper-v guest internet connection lost after booting as VHDX.: Hello, I am running Windows 10 Pro (10240) and have a guest Windows 10 VM (10528) which were working fine. Both were activated and connected to internet correctly. Today I booted the VM as native boot VHDX. This installed some drivers, connected to internet and...
  9. Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC

Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC: I just bought a new X201 laptop off ebay and wanted to use it to access my main PC (a MacBook also running Windows 10 Pro) through the Hyper-V Manager. That is to use the Hyper-V manager on the X201 to access not just the local PC but to start/stop and connect directly to the...
  10. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247