Windows 10: Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

Discus and support Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am running Oracle Linux on Windows 10 Hyper V. I am using the Hyper V Default Switch for internet access. But looks like Hyper V dhcp is assigning... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Chetan Subhash Patil, Feb 22, 2022.

1. Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

I am running Oracle Linux on Windows 10 Hyper V. I am using the Hyper V Default Switch for internet access. But looks like Hyper V dhcp is assigning incorrect ipv4 address.As you can see in screenshot, the ipv4 assigned for linux vm is 172.30.20.150 with default route/gateway as 172.30.16.1 Default Switch ipv4, and subnet mask is 255.255.240.0. The assigned ip is in different subnet than Default switch ip. Is there a Bug with Hyper V dhcp? How can I log a bug?

:)

Chetan Subhash Patil, Feb 22, 2022
  2. Marby Rey Win User

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Feb 22, 2022
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Feb 22, 2022
  4. rwb1012 Win User

Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

Computer not assigning itself IPv4 address after startup

done as part of the troubleshooting exampled in my html address, does not work. Everything is set to automatic, has no valid ipv4 assigned to it on startup until I've done a restore.

Did you get an error or did the command succeed?

If you do an

ipconfig /all

do you get IPv4 or IPv6 addresses?

rwb1012, Feb 22, 2022
Thema:

Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

1. Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address - Similar Threads - Hyper assigning incorrect

2. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address: it does assign one at startup. but it just disappears after 5 seconds after booting upwhen i hover my mouse over my ethernet connection on the taskbar it says there's 2 network connection'sit says there is internet but there's not i cant access itnetworknetwork 2when this...
  3. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address: it does assign one at startup. but it just disappears after 5 seconds after booting upwhen i hover my mouse over my ethernet connection on the taskbar it says there's 2 network connection'sit says there is internet but there's not i cant access itnetworknetwork 2when this...
  4. my pc is not automatically assigning an ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address: I am running Oracle Linux on Windows 10 Hyper V. I am using the Hyper V Default Switch for internet access. But looks like Hyper V dhcp is assigning incorrect ipv4 address.As you can see in screenshot, the ipv4 assigned for linux vm is 172.30.20.150 with default route/gateway...
  6. Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V is assigning incorrect ipv4 address: I am running Oracle Linux on Windows 10 Hyper V. I am using the Hyper V Default Switch for internet access. But looks like Hyper V dhcp is assigning incorrect ipv4 address.As you can see in screenshot, the ipv4 assigned for linux vm is 172.30.20.150 with default route/gateway...
  7. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  8. Clarification on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  9. Hyper-V no sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...