Windows 10: Hyper-V issues with external switch

Discus and support Hyper-V issues with external switch in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all, I have a small issue with Hyper-V with windows 11 as a VM and also as a main machine. First it doesn't connect to the internet when the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GeorgescuSergiu, Apr 11, 2022.

1. Hyper-V issues with external switch

Hello all, I have a small issue with Hyper-V with windows 11 as a VM and also as a main machine. First it doesn't connect to the internet when the enhanced session is off, despite the fact that the switch is externalfirst image bellow. Secondly, when the enhanced session is on, I tried to connect to the machine, entering the password and it says "Your device is offline"second image bellow. I tried to reset the password, by unchecking the Enhanced Session to have access to the machine, but when I try to reset the PIN for the VM, surprise, it cannot connect to the inter

:)

GeorgescuSergiu, Apr 11, 2022
  2. zorvek Win User

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Nothing is listed:

Hyper-V issues with external switch [​IMG]

Kevin

zorvek, Apr 11, 2022
  3. lx07 Win User
    Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

As of 1709 a Default Switch is created so you may not need an external switch.

Hyper-V virtual machine gallery and networking improvements | Virtualization Blog

You could try that instead (upgrade from 1703 to 1709 and delete external switch) - I don't see this issue on 1709 but then my connection is perhaps too slow (100 Mbps up/down).

4. Dadicator Win User

Hyper-V issues with external switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

I see Windows PowerShell Listed at top left corner --- It Does Not Say "Administrator" Maybe problem

Dadicator, Apr 11, 2022
Thema:

Hyper-V issues with external switch

1. Hyper-V issues with external switch - Similar Threads - Hyper issues external

2. Hyper-V external switch issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V external switch issue: Hello all, I have a small issue with my Hyper-V! I run windows 11 on Hyper-V and also on my main machine. I installed the VM everything is fine except that when I want to enter the password, it says "Your device is offline", with Enhanced session mode on. When I turned off,...
  3. Hyper-V external switch issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V external switch issue: Hello all, I have a small issue with my Hyper-V! I run windows 11 on Hyper-V and also on my main machine. I installed the VM everything is fine except that when I want to enter the password, it says "Your device is offline", with Enhanced session mode on. When I turned off,...
  4. Hyper-V issues with external switch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V issues with external switch: Hello all, I have a small issue with Hyper-V with windows 11 as a VM and also as a main machine. First it doesn't connect to the internet when the enhanced session is off, despite the fact that the switch is externalfirst image bellow. Secondly, when the enhanced session is...
  5. I can't add a new External Switch to Hyper-V!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't add a new External Switch to Hyper-V!: I want to make an ubuntu server through Hyper-V to get the most performance from it, so I create the VM. Then I go to the Hyper-V's Virtual Switch Manager to create a new switch that use the External Switch option with the settings is External with my Wi-Fi driver because I...
  6. No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart: My external virtual switch for a Hyper V virtual machine stops working after every restart of the physical computer. But whenever I set it up, it works. I'vealready run chkdsk, sfc/scannow and the dism commands. And in thecontrol panel I activated the release for the VLan...
  7. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  8. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  9. Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch

Slow download speed after creating Hyper-V External Virtual Switch: Hello. After buying a new PC (its specs are on my profile), enabling Hyper-V and creating a new External Virtual Switch, I notice that the download speed drops dramatically. My internet conneciton is 1Gbps down and 200Mbps up. Without External Virtual Switch: Speedtest...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133