Windows 10: Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Discus and support Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by ScottS21, Jun 29, 2019.

1. ScottS21 Win User

Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Since updating OS to version 1903, my Hyper-V machines freeze at start for about 20 seconds, then re-open login page, then it boots fine and all is good.

I've updated graphics drivers, gone through several Windows-based scans, i.e. sfc /scannow, etc.

I've also tried...

Stopped/restarted Container service
    Disabling/re-enabling Hyper-V

Any suggestions?

My build:
    i7-8700
    32GB RAM
    Win 10 Pro 1903

:)

ScottS21, Jun 29, 2019
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jun 29, 2019
  3. SarahKong Win User
    SarahKong, Jun 29, 2019
  4. Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 29, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update

1. Hyper-V machine freezes on start after 1903 update - Similar Threads - Hyper machine freezes

2. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  3. Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V failed to start the virtual machine: Before updating to Windows 11 Insider Preview Build 25905, the virtual machine has been in normal use, and after the recent update, it suddenly found that the normally shut down virtual machine cannot be turned on, and when trying to boot it will throw "Win10 virtual machine...
  4. Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V: Whenever I create a VM to boot to the vHard drive it has always said ">>Start PXE on IPv4 and I even tryed to uncheck "Boot from TPM" or whatever it said and It still never boots the OS. Please help?...
  5. Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problems with starting up virtual machines in Hyper-V: Whenever I create a VM to boot to the vHard drive it has always said ">>Start PXE on IPv4 and I even tryed to uncheck "Boot from TPM" or whatever it said and It still never boots the OS. Please help?...
  6. Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V virtual machine very slow to start? Speed-up Hyper-V virtual machine!: [ATTACH]If you have installed Windows 11 in Hyper-V, but the virtual machine is very slow to start, here are some tweaks that might speed it up. Although several things are responsible for this slowness, these common changes might be handy for you. Whether you have installed...
  7. An issue of KB4505903 (1903) on Hyper-V virtual machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    An issue of KB4505903 (1903) on Hyper-V virtual machine: This patch made Hyper-V Virtual Machine missing communication. the case processing as directly closed X button of RDC at first time, then failed to access RDC second time, sounds the virtual machine frozen . No this issue if log off Virtual machine at first time then access...
  8. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  9. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  10. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v vm gets to 10% stalls and fails to start

2. hyper v virtual machine frozen

3. hyper v causing system freeze

4. win 10 hyper-v virtual switch manager hangs,
  5. hyper-v freeze windows 10,
  6. hyper-v vm freezes for seconds,
  7. win 10 hyper-v vm freezes,
  8. hyper v switch causing computer to freeze,
  9. windows 10 1903 hyper-v hangs at login,
  10. windows update 1903 problems freezing,
  11. hyperv freezes when logging in,