Windows 10: Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

Discus and support Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a machine running a windows 11 VM with nested virtualization enabled. when enabling wsl2 features and restarting the VM sometimes "halts" in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by YoraiLevi, Apr 12, 2022.

1. YoraiLevi Win User

Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

I have a machine running a windows 11 VM with nested virtualization enabled. when enabling wsl2 features and restarting the VM sometimes "halts" in the reboot process. seemingly for no reason. other times I have a checkpoint however it works just fine.In general nested virtualization seem to be unstable.This VM is intended for software testing required to be run on windows and wsl and I would like it to not be run on a dedicated machine despite it being an easy solution.Any hints or diagnosis would help.

:)

YoraiLevi, Apr 12, 2022

2. virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi but not in windows

Hi

I'm trying to use the new WSL2 in windows 10 update 2004. Unfortunately I cannot install any linux distro or hyper-v because windows thinks my cpu does not support virtualization. Intel virtualization is enabled in bios/uefi.

system specs:

x299 board with intel i9-7900x cpu

virtualization enabled in bios

windows 10 enterprise with update 2004

hyper-v not installed

wsl2 installed and defaulted

PieterVerbert, Apr 12, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Windows Insider Preview: Nested Virtualization

Source: Windows Insider Preview: Nested Virtualization - Windows Virtualization Team Blog - Site Home - TechNet Blogs

Brink, Apr 12, 2022
  4. Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

Mark St..., Apr 12, 2022
Thema:

Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

1. Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled - Similar Threads - Hyper machine sometimes

2. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  3. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...: Processor IntelR CoreTM i5-7500 CPU @ 3.40GHz 3.41 GHzInstalled RAM 16.0 GB 15.9 GB usableSystem type 64-bit operating system, x64-based processorPen and touch No pen or touch input is available for this displayEdition Windows 10 ProVersion 22H2Installed on ‎9/‎19/‎2022OS...
  4. "WSL2 is not supported with your current machine configuration" after enabling Hyper-V,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. How to enable or disable Nested Virtualization for VMs in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    How to enable or disable Nested Virtualization for VMs in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]PC users can leverage Nested Virtualization feature to run Hyper-V inside of a Hyper-V virtual machine (VM) on a Windows 11 or Windows 10 host machine. This is helpful for running a Visual Studio phone emulator in a virtual machine, or testing configurations that...
  6. Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V machine sometimes gets stuck when enabling wsl2 nested virtualization enabled: I have a machine running a windows 11 VM with nested virtualization enabled. when enabling wsl2 features and restarting the VM sometimes "halts" in the reboot process. seemingly for no reason. other times I have a checkpoint however it works just fine.In general nested...
  7. BSOD when trying enable Virtual Machine Platform for WSL2

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when trying enable Virtual Machine Platform for WSL2: I was following this: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wsl/install-win10 to try and install wsl2 for the first time on my laptop. The first step ran successfully, but when I try to restart after running: dism.exe /online /enable-feature...
  8. Virtual Machines(in Virtual Box) and MEMU not working while Hyper-V was enabled

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Virtual Machines(in Virtual Box) and MEMU not working while Hyper-V was enabled: Hi, I have installed Visual Studio this week to try out Xamarin.Android. While launching the android emulator I was asked by Visual Studio to enabled the Hyper-V. What I did and I was able to launch the default Xamarin.Android project without any problem. But then I notice...
  9. Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP)

in Windows 10 Customization
    Enabling audio on Hyper V virtual machine (Windows XP): To whom it may concern, When using a virtual machine, I find that some of my programs do not run due to a lack of audio. My Hyper V Manager is already set to 'use enhanced mode if available' by default. Since I want to get access to the aforementioned software, is there a...
  10. Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine: How to: Hyper-V Nested Virtualization: Run virtual machines on virtual machine [img] Information Nested Virtualization means that user can enable Hyper-V on existing virtual machines, and run virtual machines and Windows Sandbox on them. To make Nested Virtualization...