Windows 10: hyper V machine's stopped working

Discus and support hyper V machine's stopped working in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; My Windows 10 virtual machines worked fine. But today when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016.

1. CMARKEY Win User

hyper V machine's stopped working

My Windows 10 virtual machines worked fine. But today when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual machine. Any thoughts on this would be very appreciated.

:)

CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016
  2. msurkan Win User

Windows 10 Hyper-V no longer recognizes VMs after Creator's Update

After the Creator's Update was installed on my Windows 10 Pro system Hyper-V disappeared. I had to re-install Hyper-V again. That wouldn't bother me so much if Hyper-V also didn't stop recognizing my virtual machines. The Hyper-V console no longer shows
    any of my old VMs.

I tried the option to "Import Virtual Machine" from the Hyper-V console and pointed the import wizard to the folder where my .vhdx files are stored but I only get an error saying "Hyper-V did not find virtual machines to import from location".

I tried uninstalling the Creator's Update but got an error saying that the previous version files are not available and that the update cannot be undone.

How can I recover my virtual machines? The .vhdx files are still in the same folders and are the correct size.

msurkan, Nov 8, 2016
  3. Will Windows Virtual PC still work with Windows 10?

No, it will not work, it is not supported. You can setup a new Virtual Machine using Hyper-V, but you will have provide your own Windows XP license. Windows XP Mode is not compatible with Hyper-V

How
    to setup a virtual machine using Hyper-V

Andre Da Costa, Nov 8, 2016
  4. Kari Win User

Click Show details (see screenshot) to expand the error message shown, take a screenshot of it and post here.

hyper V machine's stopped working [​IMG]

Kari, Nov 8, 2016
  5. CMARKEY Win User

CMARKEY, Nov 8, 2016
  6. CMARKEY Win User

CMARKEY, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. hyper V machine's stopped working - Similar Threads - hyper machine's stopped

2. Fix Hyper-V Virtual Machine stuck in Stopping State

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Hyper-V Virtual Machine stuck in Stopping State: [ATTACH]One of the numerous Hyper-V issues some PC users may encounter is when the virtual machine gets stuck in the Stopping state on their Windows 10 or Windows 11 computer. This post provides the most suitable solutions affected users can try to successfully resolve the...
  3. Hyper v machine password does not work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper v machine password does not work: Hello,I'm trying to create a virtual machine with Win 10 pro, when I try to enter, every time I'm asked to enter my user and password for my account and I get the message "your credentials do not work". I've tried everything and I'm sure my Microsoft account password is...
  4. Hyper-V Virtual machine sound not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V Virtual machine sound not working: I recently found out how to get Hyper-V to work and made a Linux virtual machine with no problem. However, when I want to play any audio on the virtual machine, I can't. No audio will play on the virtual machine. Is there any way that I can fix this?...
  5. Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Backing up Hyper-V Virtual Machines: Hi, I was wondering if all I really need to do to backup activated virtual machines but not associated virtual hard drives is just to copy the virtual hard drive folder to another drive (or even one drive) . All I am really interested is in saving the machines which have...
  6. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  7. Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?

Running Hyper-V and VMware on the same machine?: As the title indicated, anybody tried running both successfully on Win 10? I've seen people doing that on Win 8 forum( Solved Hyper V and VMWare on the same machine - Page 2 ), so I'm wondering if this method would work on Win 10... Any help/pointers would be great as I...
  8. Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Import Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Import Hyper-V Virtual Machines Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were physical...
  9. Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10: How to: Export Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 How to Export Hyper-V Virtual Machines in Windows 10 Hyper-V enables running virtualized computer systems on top of a physical host. These virtualized systems (aka: guests) can be used and managed just as if they were...
  10. Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows: How to: Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows How to Create Shortcut of Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 8 and 10 [img] Note There's nothing wrong in running the Hyper-V Manager and launch your virtual machines from there. However, creating a...