Windows 10: Hyper-V Manager not available

Discus and support Hyper-V Manager not available in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by bossy, Jul 31, 2015.

1. bossy Win User

Hyper-V Manager not available

Hi there,

1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc)
    2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared.
    3. Unfortunately i can not find the hyper-v manager.

Can you please help me? See screenshot for some details.

System information:
    - Windows 10 Pro 64bit
    - Virtualization in BIOS is activated

:)

bossy, Jul 31, 2015

2. Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

The Hyper-V Manager is under Windows Administrative Tools on your Start Menu.

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Simply click on the Hyper-V Manager icon under Windows Administrative Tools.. That starts the Hyper-V Manager.

Then in the top right of the Manager page you will see "Connect to Server." Click that and choose "Local Computer" for the server. The "Action" pane (the right side of the Manager page) will then populate and you can proceed.

Cbarnhorst, Jul 31, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

Hummm..... Hyper-V should only be available on 64bit versions of Pro, Enterprise, and Education

Are you looking at the list of "features" and seeing it on the list? It could be that it's just the "management tools" portions of Hyper-V that are available?

graye, Jul 31, 2015
  4. Kari Win User

If installed, the Hyper-V Manager can be found from the Start Menu > All Apps > W > Windows Administrative Tools.

Alternatively you can find it using the File Explorer and browsing to C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Administrative Tools. Notice that the ProgramData folder is hidden by default.

5. bossy Win User
    that was easy! Thank you!

Strange that Windows 10 is not showing it when just typing it into the "start-search"!

bossy, Jul 31, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    You are welcome *Smile

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Manager not available - Similar Threads - Hyper Manager available

2. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  3. Hyper-V Manager Error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V Manager Error: I am trying to start a new VM in my Hyper-v and I am getting the error "Data supplied is of wrong type.0x8007065D. When I search this issue all I find is indfo dealing with phones even though I put in search for Hypervisor error. Does anyone know how to resolve this issue?...
  4. About Hyper-V manager

in Windows 10 Gaming
    About Hyper-V manager: Hi, I have some concerns and question about the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS I have installed through Hyper-V on my PC. Here is my installation process:After following through the instructions what I got from entering the VM was thisI have no idea what this is, and it seems like the OS...
  5. About Hyper-V manager

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    About Hyper-V manager: Hi, I have some concerns and question about the Ubuntu 22.04 LTS I have installed through Hyper-V on my PC. Here is my installation process:After following through the instructions what I got from entering the VM was thisI have no idea what this is, and it seems like the OS...
  6. Hyper-V not available.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V not available.: In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-available/8aaaa3f9-7e4d-4960-ba9e-e6889b219f19
  7. Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available: The security of Microsoft’s cloud services is a top priority for us. One of the technologies that is central to cloud security is Microsoft Hyper-V which we use to isolate tenants from one another in the cloud. Given the importance of this technology, Microsoft has made and...
  8. Manage remote Hyper-V machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Manage remote Hyper-V machine: I have 2 win 10 pro and considering this setup: Desktop with hyper-v to tun virtual machine laptop with hyper-v management what i can now achieve is connect to the desktop with RDP then launch hyper-v management in the desktop; using the laptop hyper-v management...
  9. VMware with only Hyper-V Manager

VMware with only Hyper-V Manager: When you have Hyper-V fully installed on a Windows 10 machine, a Standard User can only access Hyper-V via a server connection. This gave me an idea. I was wondering if you could install only Hyper-V Management Tools on the host system and still be able to run VMware. In...
  10. Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC

Connecting Hyper-V Manager to another PC: I just bought a new X201 laptop off ebay and wanted to use it to access my main PC (a MacBook also running Windows 10 Pro) through the Hyper-V Manager. That is to use the Hyper-V manager on the X201 to access not just the local PC but to start/stop and connect directly to the...
Tags: