Windows 10: Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

Discus and support Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello all Recently I purchased a activation key and i switch from HOME to PRO edition because I want to use Docker. All completed fine version... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EvgeniTanchev, Apr 22, 2020.

1. Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

Hello all

Recently I purchased a activation key and i switch from HOME to PRO edition because I want to use Docker.

All completed fine version is PRO but when i go to turn Hyper-v futures i marked the sections and then after the computer is restarted and go back to the sections they remain unchecked and no Hyper-v manager isn't installed.

What could be the reason for this and how to activate the HV in order Docker to work. Also just for reference i have all needed for Hyper-V to work with my Intel processor.

:)

EvgeniTanchev, Apr 22, 2020
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, May 23, 2020
  3. cereberus Win User
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Have you followed steps exactly as is this tutorial?

Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

cereberus, May 23, 2020
  4. Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation

I bought an OEM activation key for W10 Pro and applied to host OS, activated the Hyper-V, installed W10 Pro as guest OS and tried to activate it with the same OEM key. As far as I understand, the OEM key is bound to the hardware and I'm activating it in
    the same PC, but an error is thrown, saying that the activation key is already used in another device. Do I really need to buy another licence?

Thanks.

guillempado, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO

1. Hyper-v missing after switching to W10 PRO - Similar Threads - Hyper missing switching

2. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper v missing: I have been using hyper v for a bit now, and still have the hyper v files installed and it is enabled on "Turn windows feature on or off", but I can not find it when I search for the program after the latest windows update. Again, I have been using hyper v just fine but now I...
  3. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper v missing: I have been using hyper v for a bit now, and still have the hyper v files installed and it is enabled on "Turn windows feature on or off", but I can not find it when I search for the program after the latest windows update. Again, I have been using hyper v just fine but now I...
  4. Hyper v missing

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.: Good morning, everyone! My machine is an all in one sony vaio Model Sony SVL24117FLB, Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610QM, 3133 MHz with 16 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz. Support uefi - gpt disk partition. Install a Windows 10 pro by 64 bits for a virtual...
  6. Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-v W10 Pro OEM activation: I bought an OEM activation key for W10 Pro and applied to host OS, activated the Hyper-V, installed W10 Pro as guest OS and tried to activate it with the same OEM key. As far as I understand, the OEM key is bound to the hardware and I'm activating it in the same PC, but an...
  7. Hyper-V missing

Hyper-V missing: [IMG] Can anyone tell how to do this? here is the link https://support.microsoft.com/en-in/help/4052082/hyper-v-cannot-start-vm-after-you-upgrade-to-windows-10...
  8. Hyper-V is missing

Hyper-V is missing: [IMG] I'm unable to install/enable Hyper-V on my laptop after recent Windows 10 update 1709. Its missing everywhere in my laptop. I've tried almost everything. I also opened the group policy editor and in that also the 'Device Credential' option is missing. I've also...
  9. Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Quirk Logging in to a Hyper-v W10 vm: tiptoed into hyper-v before but this lasted build I find myself having to enter the guest login password twice. Windows guest password is entered on a seaside background it then switches to a mountainscape background asking for the password again. Any ideas how I can fix...
  10. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v missing in windows 10 how to fix