Windows 10: Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

Discus and support Hyper-V need to disable but cannot in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello,I am trying to load a virtual machine of Windows XP via VMWare Player so I my use some car diagnostic software built for Windows XP.I experience... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by John Whittall1, Jun 8, 2023.

1. Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

Hello,I am trying to load a virtual machine of Windows XP via VMWare Player so I my use some car diagnostic software built for Windows XP.I experience the error - VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware Player.I have run Win+R, msinfo32.exe and it tells me - A hypervisor has been detected. Features required for Hyper-V will not be displayed.I have been to Programs and Features - Turn Windows features on of off. However, I do not see Hyper-V anywhere to uncheck/disable. There is Windows Hypervisor Platform and Virtual Mach

:)

John Whittall1, Jun 8, 2023

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jun 8, 2023
  3. Trying to Disable Hyper-V, Getting BSOD

I have been trying to disable Hyper-V so that I can use VirtualBox. Each time I attempt to remove Hyper-V through Windows Features, the OS shuts down, and then hits a BSODs during boot. I am then able to return to a restore point.

I have tried:

• Removing the Hyper-V features after a clean boot.
    • Manually disabling the Hyper-V service, manually removing Hyper-V network adapters, and then disabling Hyper-V in Windows Featuers.

I believe the issue might be similar to this (but not the exact same): Redirecting

Brandon0000, Jun 8, 2023
  4. Marby Rey Win User

Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

Even after Uninstalling Hyper-V - msinfo32 shows "A hypervisor has been detected"

Hi,

To address your concern, we suggest that you disable the Hyper V services. Kindly follow the steps below:

• Type Services on the search bar.
    • Right click one Hyper V service, then select Properties.
    • On Startup type, choose Disabled.
      Hyper-V need to disable but cannot d67aa4cb-46e7-4431-9d29-11005894536c.png
    • You have to disable all the Hyper V services one at a time by following the same steps.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you check out your post on TechNet (IT Pro’s) to make sure you get better answer.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Marby Rey, Jun 8, 2023
Thema:

Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

1. Hyper-V need to disable but cannot - Similar Threads - Hyper need disable

2. Hyper-V need to disable but cannot

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V need to disable but cannot: Hello,I am trying to load a virtual machine of Windows XP via VMWare Player so I my use some car diagnostic software built for Windows XP.I experience the error - VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware...
  3. Hyper-v not disabling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-v not disabling: Hello. I'm running an app called Bluestacks that requires hyper-v to be disabled. I've tried disabling it via the terminal and control panel and even tho it says it's disabled it isn't. I don't know what to do next. Help would be appreciated.I'm running Windows 11 pro on a...
  4. Hyper-v not disabling

Hyper-v not disabling: Hello. I'm running an app called Bluestacks that requires hyper-v to be disabled. I've tried disabling it via the terminal and control panel and even tho it says it's disabled it isn't. I don't know what to do next. Help would be appreciated.I'm running Windows 11 pro on a...
  5. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  6. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there: I disabled Hyper-V using the optional features and restarted my computer, but when I run msinfo32.exe, it still says there is Hyper-V:How can I disable Hyper-V?...
  7. Disabled Hyper-V but Hyper-V is still there

in Windows 10 Customization
  8. Disabling Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disabling Hyper-V: I'm currently trying to use a program that requires Hyper-V to be disabled, but it's not showing up in my Windows Features. Even so, the program and other ones as well keep telling me that Hyper-V is enabled. I've tried using the PowerShell method to disable it as well, but...
  9. disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    disable Hyper-V: How can I turn off Hyper-v? .... I have already tried Programs and Features and then unchecking the hyper-v there and have checked the services .... I want to use Virtual box but am constantly advised that it is being blocked by Hyper-v. Also is there a way to reset...
  10. Disabling hyper V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Disabling hyper V: I apparently need to disable hyper v in my updated windows 10 home to get my virtual box vms to work. Would disabling hyper v remove any other windows 10 features? In other words, is there a downside to disabling hyper v? 123407