Windows 10: Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Discus and support Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi, I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by kevinmmscommunity, Nov 14, 2018.

1. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hi,

I'm performing initial testing with Hyper-V on an Hp DL360 gen 10 server. The first ethernet port is in use by the main Win 2016 OS installed on the server. I'd like to use one of the 3 available ethernet ports to act as the network/internet connect for the Hyper-V Virtual Machine. It will sit on the same VLAN as the main server connection and the Ip address in Hyper-V will be a static IP address.

I've been walking through the Hyper V instructions to set up a virtual switch using the selected port, but havent' been successful in setting the network in the VM as desired. In Virtual switch manager, i created a new swtich and de-selected the option for "Allow management operating system to share the network adapter. However, I've been unable to get a network connection in the VM.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

:)

kevinmmscommunity, Nov 14, 2018

2. Hyper-V Server 2016 will it get updates

I have a question about my Hyper-V Server 2016, which is not a usual Windows Server 2016. This one: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/evalcenter/evaluate-hyper-v-server-2016

Will this version still get updates because 2019 is released? I can't find an article but I can remember that I have read something that said Hyper-V Server 2016 is not supported anymore. I have looked for it, but haven't found it....

Can anyone please confirm with an additional source?

Thanks!

Jean-Paul Werelds, Nov 14, 2018
  3. DZ10 Win User
    Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Hi,

I need a bit of help setting up a virtual environment, so I can try out Windows Server 2016. I'm quite new to Windows Server in general, but I'd like to get to know it better and start learning about its major features etc. I'd like to set up a virtual environment in Hyper-V but I could do with a bit of advice with setting it up please.

I'd like to test Windows Server 2016 out in Hyper-V along with having say a couple of VM's with Windows 10 Pro on so that they can connect to the Server so I can try out things like Active Directory, Group Policy etc.

What I was concerned about though is the Windows Server interfering with my home network. I would ideally like to have both Windows Server 2016 and the client VM's on their own virtual network in Hyper-V, away from my physical home network. So to summarize:

• All Virtual Machines to be in Hyper-V (Windows Server 2016 and Windows 10 Pro clients)
    • The Server and Pro clients need to talk to each other and ideally have Internet access
    • I'd like to use Hyper-V rather than VirtualBox etc. Not that I dislike VirtualBox and the like, it's just that I'd like to get used to using and knowing the features of Hyper-V
    • Hyper-V is already installed on my physical Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC
    • This Windows 10 Pro Desktop PC is currently connected to my normal home network and has Internet access
    The main thing I am unsure of is the networking side. I'd like the Server and client VM's to not have full access to my home network, so they can't interfere with it. So is it possible for the VM's to talk to each other, have Internet access, but not be able to interfere or be seen by other physical machines on my home network?

I hope I've explained it correctly. I have had a look myself into this, I was thinking of maybe using an 'Internal' virtual switch in Hyper-V, which sounds like it may do the job of letting the VM's talk to each other and possibly getting Internet connection from the physical machine that Hyper-V is installed on. I'm not sure if this is the way to go though, so I thought I'd ask for some advice before setting it up in Hyper-V.

Thanks Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10 :)

4. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Nov 14, 2018
Thema:

Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10

1. Hyper-V Networking Win Server 2016 on HP DL360 gen 10 - Similar Threads - Hyper Networking Server

2. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  3. Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V Dedicated Network Traffic for Hyper V Replication between two Hyper V Server: Hi AllI have a problem on the Hyper V of replication traffic. I search many KB or the articles in the internet and there are no official information on how to isolate the Hyper V replication traffic Does it anyone know how to configure it for the Hyper V Server 2012R2 and...
  4. Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Screwed Myself - how to "un-reset" Win Server 2016 VM on Hyper-v: Hello, I am in trouble....potentially big time and hoping someone can help me. I am attending a certification school and I am behind on my class work for Windows server 2016. I went to pick up where I left off on my work and could not sign into my Hyper-v VM for Windows...
  5. Hyper-V Gen 2 and Networking

Hyper-V Gen 2 and Networking: Hi folks might be simple answer but I'm not so experienced in HYPER-V. Created a Gen 2 W11 machine (the leaked iso version) on W10 HOST which seems OK -- I wanted to test TPM and secure boot enabled while not actually enabling the physical TPM. The TPM test was fine. That...
  6. Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2/ and 2016

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V and Windows Server 2012 R2/ and 2016: Have this weird problem recently. Can't access some sites in Windows Server 2012R2 and Server 2016 VM, on Hyper-V, via the Default Switch(NAT). And the sites it can access, like google.com and facebook.com , are taking time to load. This issue is only with these two...
  7. Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Customization
    Replicating from my DL360 Hyper-V WindowsServ2016 to Precision 5820 Win10 machine with Hyper-V: Hello Microsoft community, I'm the new system administrator in my small organization, and I think I made a mistake with my purchase.. I have DL360 Server with 12cpus which runs 7 VM's on Windows Server 2016 and Hyper-V And Power Edge T420 (both servers have expired warranty...
  8. HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote

HYPER-V Server 2016 - cant connect to server from Windows 10 remote: funny thing is I can create the VM now on the HYPER-V server but PING still fails !!!! Not really funny. Ping response is disabled by default on firewall of all server SKUs and that is a fairly sensible thing to do if you think about it. You can enable it with netsh...
  9. Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016

Help setting up Hyper-V to test Windows Server 2016: Hi there @ I can't answer your specific questions on HYPER-V but I know all about "Breaking Netflix" - even the Dog starts barking madly. !!!! I don't think there's any major problem to having a server on a home LAN (I have 2 Linux servers on a LAN plus a whole slew of...
  10. //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10

in Windows 10 News
    //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Win 10: //build 2016 Container Announcements: Hyper-V Containers and Windows 10 and PowerShell For Docker! //Build/ will always be a special place for Windows containers, this was the stage where last year we first showed the world a Windows Server Container. So it’s fitting...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hp dl360 gen 10 virtual switch

2. dl360 setup as hyper host

3. dl360 gen 10 hyper v not working

4. dl360 gen10 hyper-v