Windows 10: Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

Discus and support Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi! I would like to use an external switch with my virtual machine in Hyper-V. I would like to use my Wi-Fi adapter, but if I set it, my internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by zraffay, Jun 18, 2019.

1. zraffay Win User

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

Hi!

I would like to use an external switch with my virtual machine in Hyper-V. I would like to use my Wi-Fi adapter, but if I set it, my internet is broken.

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter [​IMG]

I set my external switch to use my Wi-Fi adapter.

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter [​IMG]

What I am doing wrong?

:)

zraffay, Jun 18, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

You need to create a virtual external switch. From the main Hyper-V GUI go to Virtual Switch Manager > Create External Switch and pick your Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter. You then attach to this external switch in the screen you have above.

See part 3 of this tutorial. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Thanks Ix, monkeying around with this info now.

GhengisJohn, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

hyper-v centos machine loses internet connection when changing Wi-Fi networks

I'm running CentOS 6.9 inside a Hyper-V virtual machine, using a LAMP stack with Node and Coldfusion.

When I'm in the office, connected to our Wi-Fi network everything works fine - I develop from my host Windows machine directly on the Hyper-V machine using Samba to access network drives, then I have custom hosts set to mask my virtual machine's IP, e.g. 192.168.0.15 dev.example.com - and I can push and pull from Github via the VM's CLI

When I bring the laptop home, Windows connects to the internet and I can ping the Hyper-V machine from cmd and ping the host machine from the centos CLI, so it all seems fine.

I can visit dev.example.com in the browser on my host machine, but I cannot access the internet, so from my dev machine I cannot push/pull to github, or even do something simple like ping google.com

I've tried many things to try and get it to work, changing the hyper-v network switch, bridging and unbridging different adapters on windows - I ended up completely screwing my laptop over so that Windows itself couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi either at home or the office.

So I've managed to get back to this stage:
    - office, Windows connects to Wi-Fi, windows and the VM see each other, VM has internet access
    - home, Windows connects to Wi-Fi, windows and the VM see each other, VM has no internet access

I feel like it must be a privacy setting set on my connection to my home network, but I don't know where to look.

Anyone have any ideas?

Willshaw Media, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

1. Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter - Similar Threads - Hyper Internet External

2. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Wi-Fi adapter: My comuter says it has a Wi-Fi adapter but I can't get Wi-Fi https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/wi-fi-adapter/b9617a96-78c2-46d9-874b-409565f9036c
  3. hyper-v external switch messes up internet on host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    hyper-v external switch messes up internet on host: Hi Im running gameservers therefore i can not use the default switch as that is NAT. I would like to use my host machines network adapter(have only one internet access, so needs to be shared), but if i make an external virtualswitch the internet messing up as i never seen...
  4. Wi-Fi adapter

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wi-Fi adapter: My laptop won't connect to WiFi. I opened the 'Device Manager' and don't see my wifi adapter. Not when I 'scan for hardware changes' or when I 'show hidden devices'. It's no longer available. My wifi adapter is... Realtek RTL8188EE 802.11 bgn Wi-Fi Adapter...
  5. No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart

No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart: My external virtual switch for a Hyper V virtual machine stops working after every restart of the physical computer. But whenever I set it up, it works. I'vealready run chkdsk, sfc/scannow and the dism commands. And in thecontrol panel I activated the release for the VLan...
  6. No Wi-Fi Adapter

No Wi-Fi Adapter: There is no Wi-Fi option/icon, nor Airplane mode. No Wi-Fi Adapter in Device Manager. My Windows is up to date, and so is all my Drivers. I've run the Network Troubleshooter multiple times. I've tried setting up a new network. I've reset the Network Adapters, reset my router,...
  7. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  8. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133
  9. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperv windows 10 no internet wireless adapter

2. hyperv not connecting to internet via external