Windows 10: Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

Discus and support Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi! I would like to use an external switch with my virtual machine in Hyper-V. I would like to use my Wi-Fi adapter, but if I set it, my internet is... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by zraffay, Jun 18, 2019.

1. zraffay Win User

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

Hi!

I would like to use an external switch with my virtual machine in Hyper-V. I would like to use my Wi-Fi adapter, but if I set it, my internet is broken.

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter [​IMG]

I set my external switch to use my Wi-Fi adapter.

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter [​IMG]

What I am doing wrong?

:)

zraffay, Jun 18, 2019
  2. lx07 Win User

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

You need to create a virtual external switch. From the main Hyper-V GUI go to Virtual Switch Manager > Create External Switch and pick your Wi-Fi or Ethernet adapter. You then attach to this external switch in the screen you have above.

See part 3 of this tutorial. Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10 - Windows 10 Forums

3. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Thanks Ix, monkeying around with this info now.

GhengisJohn, Jun 18, 2019
  4. Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

hyper-v centos machine loses internet connection when changing Wi-Fi networks

I'm running CentOS 6.9 inside a Hyper-V virtual machine, using a LAMP stack with Node and Coldfusion.

When I'm in the office, connected to our Wi-Fi network everything works fine - I develop from my host Windows machine directly on the Hyper-V machine using Samba to access network drives, then I have custom hosts set to mask my virtual machine's IP, e.g. 192.168.0.15 dev.example.com - and I can push and pull from Github via the VM's CLI

When I bring the laptop home, Windows connects to the internet and I can ping the Hyper-V machine from cmd and ping the host machine from the centos CLI, so it all seems fine.

I can visit dev.example.com in the browser on my host machine, but I cannot access the internet, so from my dev machine I cannot push/pull to github, or even do something simple like ping google.com

I've tried many things to try and get it to work, changing the hyper-v network switch, bridging and unbridging different adapters on windows - I ended up completely screwing my laptop over so that Windows itself couldn't connect to the Wi-Fi either at home or the office.

So I've managed to get back to this stage:
    - office, Windows connects to Wi-Fi, windows and the VM see each other, VM has internet access
    - home, Windows connects to Wi-Fi, windows and the VM see each other, VM has no internet access

I feel like it must be a privacy setting set on my connection to my home network, but I don't know where to look.

Anyone have any ideas?

Willshaw Media, Jun 18, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter

1. Hyper-V no Internet with External switch using Wi-Fi adapter - Similar Threads - Hyper Internet External

2. Hyper-V external switch issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V external switch issue: Hello all, I have a small issue with my Hyper-V! I run windows 11 on Hyper-V and also on my main machine. I installed the VM everything is fine except that when I want to enter the password, it says "Your device is offline", with Enhanced session mode on. When I turned off,...
  3. Hyper-V external switch issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V external switch issue: Hello all, I have a small issue with my Hyper-V! I run windows 11 on Hyper-V and also on my main machine. I installed the VM everything is fine except that when I want to enter the password, it says "Your device is offline", with Enhanced session mode on. When I turned off,...
  4. Hyper-V issues with external switch

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V issues with external switch: Hello all, I have a small issue with Hyper-V with windows 11 as a VM and also as a main machine. First it doesn't connect to the internet when the enhanced session is off, despite the fact that the switch is externalfirst image bellow. Secondly, when the enhanced session is...
  5. Hyper-V issues with external switch

Hyper-V issues with external switch: Hello all, I have a small issue with Hyper-V with windows 11 as a VM and also as a main machine. First it doesn't connect to the internet when the enhanced session is off, despite the fact that the switch is externalfirst image bellow. Secondly, when the enhanced session is...
  6. Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching: Hello Everyone I'm facing an issue regarding my Wi-Fi and LAN Network adapter. My Wi-Fi adapter is automatically disabled when I plug in the LAN cable. So, How to disable the automatic Wi-Fi disconnect when I connect my LAN cable?I'm using Windows 11 Version.I did try:to...
  7. Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching

Wi-Fi & Lan Adapter Switching: Hello Everyone I'm facing an issue regarding my Wi-Fi and LAN Network adapter. My Wi-Fi adapter is automatically disabled when I plug in the LAN cable. So, How to disable the automatic Wi-Fi disconnect when I connect my LAN cable?I'm using Windows 11 Version.I did try:to...
  8. hyper-v external switch messes up internet on host

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    hyper-v external switch messes up internet on host: Hi Im running gameservers therefore i can not use the default switch as that is NAT. I would like to use my host machines network adapter(have only one internet access, so needs to be shared), but if i make an external virtualswitch the internet messing up as i never seen...
  9. No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    No internet connection in Hyper V with external switch after restart: My external virtual switch for a Hyper V virtual machine stops working after every restart of the physical computer. But whenever I set it up, it works. I'vealready run chkdsk, sfc/scannow and the dism commands. And in thecontrol panel I activated the release for the VLan...
  10. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyperv windows 10 no internet wireless adapter

2. hyperv not connecting to internet via external