Windows 10: Hyper V not available in "Windows Features"

Discus and support Hyper V not available in "Windows Features" in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; [img] Hi, I got the new Win10 Update from my former Win7. Now I want to activate Hyper-V to use Windows XP for the old game "Risk II".... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by str123, Aug 10, 2015.

1. str123 Win User

Hyper V not available in "Windows Features"

Hyper V not available in "Windows Features" [​IMG]

Hi,

I got the new Win10 Update from my former Win7.
    Now I want to activate Hyper-V to use Windows XP for the old game "Risk II".

Unfortunately, the system doesn't show me the option "hyper-V" in the list where you can turn windows features on or off.

What can I do?

thanks

:)

str123, Aug 10, 2015

2. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Aug 10, 2015
  3. graye Win User
    Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

Hummm..... Hyper-V should only be available on 64bit versions of Pro, Enterprise, and Education

Are you looking at the list of "features" and seeing it on the list? It could be that it's just the "management tools" portions of Hyper-V that are available?

graye, Aug 10, 2015
  4. lx07 Win User

Do you have Windows 10 Pro? The "Home" version doesn't include Hyper-V Client. Compare Windows 10 Editions

If so you could use VirtualBox or VMWare Player (both free).

5. str123 Win User
    OK,

thank you. I have Win10 Home.
    I tried VirtualBox but then I need a WinXP Version on DVD. Unfortunately I no longer have the old Win XP system.
    I thought, with Win7 upgrading to Win10 I will still have the opportunity running WinXP in the virtual PC or Hyper-V.

My goal is to start "Risk II" which I did not succeed in every other way, e.g. compatibility mode etc...

str123, Aug 10, 2015
  6. Kari Win User
    Virtual PC and Windows XP Mode only run on Windows 7, Virtual PC on all editions but the free XP Mode virtual machine only in Windows 7 Professional, Ultimate and Enterprise.

In Windows 10 you need a Pro or Enterprise edition to run Hyper-V, but even then you need to install the Windows XP from your own install media. Hyper-V does not include a Windows XP or any other virtual machine.

7. Fafhrd Win User
    If you want to try out XP in a VM, you need not go through the whole XP install process on to a new Virtual machine, Microsoft has done it for you: Virtual Machine (VM), Windows Virtual PC Browserstack | Modern.IE
    All you need to do is sign in to your MS account, and select the XP OS version with Internet Explorer 8, the Virtual machine platform (VMWare, Hyper-V, VirtualBox) and download the multi-part archive which will extract to the full virtual machine image, which will then run in your chosen platform.
    It is a time-limited trial, but you can unzip the VM again from a copy of the downloaded archives until at least Microsoft stops support for IE on legacy platforms like XP or you could take advantage of your virtualization platform’s snapshotting capability so that youcan start over with a fresh VM at any time and not have to worry about the guest operating systemrunning out of trial time.
    Notes for use and EULAS here:
    http://modernievirt.blob.core.window...rms_1_5_15.pdf

Fafhrd, Aug 13, 2015
  8. altae Win User

Or you could just hit ebay and buy a copy of Windows xp, they are sold very cheap there. And there are of course other ways to get Windows XP but because they are not entirely legal I won't mention them here *Wink

altae, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper V not available in "Windows Features" - Similar Threads - Hyper available Features

2. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  3. Hyper-V not showing in windows features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not showing in windows features.: hello I have a problem with Hyper-V not showing up in the features.I have virtualization enabled on the bios.I tried even on the powershellas administrator with the command Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllBut got this...
  4. Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features.: Hi, Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features. I have checked that the PC meets the requirements for Hyper-V using command 'systeminfo'. This states that hyper-V is enabled in the Firmware.I am running Windows 11 ver22H2. I have tried to enable hyper-v...
  5. Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features.: Hi, Hyper-V is not available for me to select in windows features. I have checked that the PC meets the requirements for Hyper-V using command 'systeminfo'. This states that hyper-V is enabled in the Firmware.I am running Windows 11 ver22H2. I have tried to enable hyper-v...
  6. Hyper-v feature

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-v feature: Hello, I am using Hyper-v to create virtual machines windows/linux for testing I did enroled to a class and we have to use virtualBox to import ready machines *.ovf files for our training and labs. I did disable Hyper-v feature in my windows but all Hyper-v network...
  7. Hyper-V not available.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V not available.: In my list of Windows Features Hyper-V is not showing up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-available/8aaaa3f9-7e4d-4960-ba9e-e6889b219f19
  8. Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available

in Windows 10 News
    Hyper-V Debugging Symbols Are Publicly Available: The security of Microsoft’s cloud services is a top priority for us. One of the technologies that is central to cloud security is Microsoft Hyper-V which we use to isolate tenants from one another in the cloud. Given the importance of this technology, Microsoft has made and...
  9. Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Hypervisor not running - can't remove Hyper-V feature: I am using Windows 10 Insider Preview 11082 (upgraded from Windows 1151 fully updated. I had installed the Hyper-V feature in the latest Windows 1151 but had not used it before I received and installer the Insider Preview edition. The Hyper-V Manager was configured OK...
  10. Hyper-V Manager not available

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Manager not available: Hi there, 1. I installed the Hyper-V features (tickmarked all 4 options) and rebooted my system. (My system did some installation, updates etc) 2. After the reboot i can confirm that the hyper-v folders in "C:\Program Files\Hyper-V" appeared. 3. Unfortunately i can not...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper v not available in windows

2. hyper v unavailable in windows features

3. hyper v is not available in windows featuresd

4. windows features virtual machine platform