Windows 10: Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio

Discus and support Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; HelloI trying to enable Hyper-V on my new Surface studio and when I go to add features and when I go to add it, Hyper-V is not listed.can someone tell... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Gahenry, Apr 23, 2022.

1. Gahenry Win User

Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio

HelloI trying to enable Hyper-V on my new Surface studio and when I go to add features and when I go to add it, Hyper-V is not listed.can someone tell me why? Do I need to enable something in the BIOS/UFEI?

:)

Gahenry, Apr 23, 2022
  2. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Apr 23, 2022
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Apr 23, 2022
  4. AlexOh7 Win User

Enabling Hyper-V after it has been disabled?

Hi, I was doing Android development on my Surface Pro 3. Use of the android emulators required hyper-v being turned off, so I turned it off. Now, I'm working on a UWP app, and use of the emulators requires hyper-v. I have enabled hyper-v in the "Turn Windows
    features on/off" tool, so it's enabled there, but it doesn't seem to be enabled elsewhere, possibly the BIOS. Problem is, there is no option in the SP3 BIOS to enable hyper-v. Windows tells me in two places (task manager, turn Win features on/off) that hyper-v
    is enabled. However, running the following script in powershell:

tells me that it is disabled. Visual Studio also tells me it is disabled.

Any suggestions on how to fix?

AlexOh7, Apr 23, 2022
Thema:

1. Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio - Similar Threads - Hyper 32gb 2TB

2. How to install a Windows 11 Hyper-V VM on a Surface Laptop Studio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to install a Windows 11 Hyper-V VM on a Surface Laptop Studio: HiI would like to install a second instance of Windows 11 on my Surface Laptop Studio. I have enabled Hyper_V downloaded the ISO and tried to do the install, but I get this message this is obviously not true since the host is windows 11. I am guessing this probably means that...
  3. How to install a Windows 11 Hyper-V VM on a Surface Laptop Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to install a Windows 11 Hyper-V VM on a Surface Laptop Studio: HiI would like to install a second instance of Windows 11 on my Surface Laptop Studio. I have enabled Hyper_V downloaded the ISO and tried to do the install, but I get this message this is obviously not true since the host is windows 11. I am guessing this probably means that...
  4. Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V on a 32gb/2TB brand new Surface Studio: HelloI trying to enable Hyper-V on my new Surface studio and when I go to add features and when I go to add it, Hyper-V is not listed.can someone tell me why? Do I need to enable something in the BIOS/UFEI?...
  5. Brand New Surface Go

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Brand New Surface Go: I attempted to continue with program installations, I found that I couldn't log in. The next day I attempted to log in and it comes up with: "Your PIN is no longer available due to a change to the security settings on this device. You can set up your PIN again by going to...
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Clarification on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Clarification on Hyper-V: I see that Windows 10 Pro includes Hyper-V. If enabled, would this work on a client system much the same way as VMWare Player, VirtualBox, etc? I'm very familiar with both of those hypervisors, but have never used the Microsoft offering, and I'm just looking for...
  8. Hyper-V no sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V no sound: Is there anyway to get sound with the various VM's that I have created in Hyper-V ? I am currently using it in 8.1 Pro. Larry 4927
  9. Cool new things for Hyper-V on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    Cool new things for Hyper-V on Windows 10: Insider build 15002 is now available for Fast Ring windows insiders. In it, you’ll find a few improvements in Hyper-V for Windows 10 users: A new virtual machine Quick Create experience (work in progress). More aggressive memory allocation for starting virtual machines....
  10. Hyper-V & Win10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V & Win10: I decided to install Win10 in a Virtual Machine and settled on Hyper-V. I'm using the setup now to create this thread. There were a few hurdles to get over. 1) Hyper-V needed to be added to my Win8 install Program & Features-> Turn on Windows features->Hyper-V When...