Windows 10: Hyper-V on Home Edition

Discus and support Hyper-V on Home Edition in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867 Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Minnie, Mar 10, 2021.

1. Minnie Win User

Hyper-V on Home Edition

i'm on Windows 10 20H2 version, build SO 19052.867

Okay, in the Home Edition of Windows 10 Hyper-V is not and cannot be enabled, but then why in System Infornation I see this:

Hyper-V on Home Edition [​IMG]

and in Windows Features this:

Hyper-V on Home Edition [​IMG]

and when I start Disk Management I read for a moment:

"Connecting to the Virtual Disks service "

Which virtual disk connection?

I only have physical disks: who does the Windows connect to?

:)

Minnie, Mar 10, 2021
  2. graye Win User

Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

Hummm..... Hyper-V should only be available on 64bit versions of Pro, Enterprise, and Education

Are you looking at the list of "features" and seeing it on the list? It could be that it's just the "management tools" portions of Hyper-V that are available?

graye, Mar 10, 2021
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Mar 10, 2021
  4. shadowynd Win User

Hyper-V on Home Edition

Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Mar 10, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V on Home Edition

1. Hyper-V on Home Edition - Similar Threads - Hyper Home Edition

2. Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition: Hey,Recently I tried to set up a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box. I know it is technically not meant to run on Windows 11, but I tried it anyways. It didn’t go well especially in terms of speed. I started searching the web and discovered that Hyper-V has to be disabled in...
  3. Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Turn off Hyper-V on Windows 11 Home edition: Hey,Recently I tried to set up a Virtual Machine using Virtual Box. I know it is technically not meant to run on Windows 11, but I tried it anyways. It didn’t go well especially in terms of speed. I started searching the web and discovered that Hyper-V has to be disabled in...
  4. Windows 10 Home Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Home Hyper-V: I'm using the windows 10 home version and my VMware workstation throw an error "VMware workstation and Hyper V not compatible. Remove Hyper-V role from the system". Since I'm using a home version, I cannot disable hyper-v through cmd prompt/ PowerShell/ windows features....
  5. Hyper-V and Win10 Home

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper-V and Win10 Home: Hello - I need to use VMWare to access a database I have, but when I launch VM it tells me VM is not compatible with W10Home. When I first bought the database it came with VMWare and worked as instructed. I started getting an error when I launch VM and it will not open...
  6. Hyper V for windows 10 home edition

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V for windows 10 home edition: I have Windows 10 Home - I checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home enabled searched by using msinfo. How to disable it? or How can I list that under "Turn...
  7. VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    VMware is not working in Windows 10 Home edition due to "Hyper-V role".: I use VMware Workstation Player 14 as a Virtual Machine runner. However, when I try to run a virtual machine, VMware tells me: VMware Player and Hyper-V are not compatible. Remove the Hyper-V role from the system before running VMware player. I know that Windows 10 Home...
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Getting Sound in 10 Home Hyper-V session: As most users will be aware, one restriction in Hyper-V is that you can only run 10 Home in a Hyper-V virtual machine as a basic session (as it does not have RDP server capability), and cannot then get sound. To date, I have had to use VMWare to play Home VMs and get...
  10. Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V enabled but not accessible in Windows 10 Home?: I have Windows 10 Home - I double checked this under Settings > System > About. Under System Information, I can see that somehow I have Hyper-V (which I read wasn't a feature in Windows 10 Home) enabled. I'm trying to install a Kali VM but I can't disable these features...