Windows 10: HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's

Discus and support HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there On Linux VM's with HYPER-V on latest build 20H1 : In Non full screen mode you can't adjust the screen area so you can lose the bottom part... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 11, 2019.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's

Hi there

On Linux VM's with HYPER-V on latest build 20H1 :

In Non full screen mode you can't adjust the screen area so you can lose the bottom part of the screen.

HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's [​IMG]

In Full screen mode the Guest doesn't allow monitor size settings to full 1980 X 1080

I don't think this defect though happens with Windows VM's.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 11, 2019
  2. SarahKong Win User

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, May 11, 2019
  3. DMACUK Win User
    Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, May 11, 2019
  4. Schism082 Win User

No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, May 11, 2019
Thema:

1. HYPER-V on latest 20H1 build Linux VM's - Similar Threads - HYPER latest 20H1

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Hyper-V-Manager not possible to passtrough linux VM audio.: Hellou hope anybody know exactly a answer for my problem: Following problem occour: Hyper - V & Linux Mint 19.3 [VM NO AUDIO] over Hyper V Manager! My Host System is Win 10 Pro x64 . And Linux VM is Linux Mint 19.3. x64. I try a lot of sugessstion in diffrent forums for...
  5. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  6. HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    HYPER-V LINUX VM with sound: Hi folks trying an experiment I hadn't thought of before Going through some old junk I found a small mini USB sound and Mic adapter. Tested it on a Native CENTOS machine (the one with the radeon GPU where I couldn't get sound working in any case) Worked fine -- hardware...
  7. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!

Running Linux VM on HYPER - V --works !!!: Hi there @Kari particularly -- any experience with using the FREE 2016 server HYPER-V edition and any pitfalls as I want to try it later. Try Active Microsoft Hyper-V Server 2016 | TechNet Evaluation Software Best Practices for running Linux on Hyper-V | Microsoft...
  10. Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10: How to: Hyper-V VM - Install CentOS Linux in Windows 10 How to Install CentOS Linux on Hyper-V Virtual Machine in Windows 10 [img] Note A working and quite nice alternative for dual booting is to install various operating systems on a virtual machine. CentOS is...