Windows 10: Hyper-V performance

Discus and support Hyper-V performance in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hi! I have a c++ application that calculates 100 factorial a million times. I ran it on windows host machine and it took a few milliseconds to get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by NikhilParihar, Nov 27, 2020.

1. Hyper-V performance

Hi!

I have a c++ application that calculates 100 factorial a million times. I ran it on windows host machine and it took a few milliseconds to get processed but if I run it on Oracle linux 7.3 Guest machine created through Hyper-V, it takes 40 seconds.

Host machine:

total cores: 4 8 logical cores with the help of hyperthreading

ram: 12GB

Guest machine:

total cores: 4 CPU0, CPU1, CPU2 and CPU3

ram allocated: 6 GB

Why VM takes so much time? should i prefer virtualBox over Hyper-V in terms of performance? or do i need some kind of drivers on windows to optimize the performance of hyper-V??

NOTE: i've set the virtual machine process affinity and assigned 4 cores and then set its priority to high.

Thanks in advance.

:)

NikhilParihar, Nov 27, 2020

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Nov 27, 2020
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Nov 27, 2020
  4. Hyper-V performance

JuanMoreno25, Nov 27, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V performance

1. Hyper-V performance - Similar Threads - Hyper performance

2. Hyper V and child account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper V and child account: I want my child to launch Hyper V without the UAC window popping up asking for the Administrator Password/PINIn my account, Hyper V launches without UAC prompt, but anything I trie for the child account WIndows always asks for the Administrator PINSetup:WIndows 10:2 accounts....
  3. Hyper V and child account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper V and child account: I want my child to launch Hyper V without the UAC window popping up asking for the Administrator Password/PINIn my account, Hyper V launches without UAC prompt, but anything I trie for the child account WIndows always asks for the Administrator PINSetup:WIndows 10:2 accounts....
  4. Hyper-V Causes Extreme Degradation of Performance on WiFi

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Causes Extreme Degradation of Performance on WiFi: I have a machine that is in a temporary location. The location makes it necessary to also temporarily connect using WiFi. As a result, I have a USB based WiFi 5 adapter connected to this machine. I'm moving large amounts of data to the machine but I'm getting an amazingly...
  5. W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    W10 PRO PERFORMANCE PROBLEMS IN HYPER V.: Good morning, everyone! My machine is an all in one sony vaio Model Sony SVL24117FLB, Mobile QuadCore Intel Core i7-3610QM, 3133 MHz with 16 gb ram ddr3 1600mhz. Support uefi - gpt disk partition. Install a Windows 10 pro by 64 bits for a virtual...
  6. Hyper-V host performance hit?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Hyper-V host performance hit?: Hi, I'm wondering how much overhead/performance loss I'll have if I enable Hyper-V on my Surface Go. I have seen around on the internet that a lot of users especially in gaming have been seeing performance hits up to 30% performance loss. or up to 20-40 fps loss in gaming....
  7. VM performance - VMware Vs HYPER-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    VM performance - VMware Vs HYPER-V: Hi folks would be interesting to compare performance of a VM running under VMWare (workstation / player), Virtual Box or HYPER-V. Using a W7 VM (with latest updates applied) I got a reasonable performance spec on an 8GB HP envy laptop -- I chose W7 as the built in...
  8. VMs installed on Hyper-V Manger (in Windows 10) is performing very slow

VMs installed on Hyper-V Manger (in Windows 10) is performing very slow: I have Dell Gaming Laptop with windows 10 home os, so i create VHD in c: drive and install windows 10 evaluation version a dual boot, then I enable hyper-v manager feature in windows 10 evaluation OS and install 3 VMs in it. when I turn on VMs on Hyper-V host VMs are...
  9. VMs installed on Hyper-V Manger (in Windows) is performing very slow

VMs installed on Hyper-V Manger (in Windows) is performing very slow: I have Dell Gaming Laptop with windows 10 home os, so i create VHD in c: drive and install windows 10 evaluation version a dual boot, then I enable hyper-v manager feature in windows 10 evaluation OS and install 3 VMs in it. when I turn on VMs on Hyper-V host VMs are...
  10. Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Hyper-V Network Error - The operation cannot be performed while the object is in use: I learned how to Configure the Switch manager from a video and I believe that I configured it right[ATTACH], then this happened " ***Original Title: Hyper-V Network Error***...