Windows 10: Hyper-V questions

Discus and support Hyper-V questions in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; In Hyper-V, is there any way to change NEWCOMP to a different name after it's already being used? [img] When I run one of the VMs it shows [img]... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Ztruker, Aug 30, 2019.

1. Ztruker Win User

Hyper-V questions

In Hyper-V, is there any way to change NEWCOMP to a different name after it's already being used?

Hyper-V questions [​IMG]

When I run one of the VMs it shows

Hyper-V questions [​IMG]

which I don't like.

:)

Ztruker, Aug 30, 2019

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Aug 30, 2019
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Aug 30, 2019
  4. Hyper-V questions

Hyper-V

Hi Njha98,

You can remove Hyper-V by going to the control panel > add and remove programs > turn windows features on or off > and in the list there you should see Hyper-V

remove the checkbox and this will remove hyper-v

you may need to reboot

Jordan Langford, Aug 30, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V questions

1. Hyper-V questions - Similar Threads - Hyper questions

2. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  3. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question: Before i install hyper v:After i installed hyper v and i restarted my computer:is is that normal? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/after-i-installed-hyper-v-on-windows-10-pro/71b31bf5-6777-40e4-bbe6-01625806d2f6
  4. After I installed hyper v on windows 10 pro question

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Hyper v Deticated GPU questions

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper v Deticated GPU questions: I'm currently running windows 11 pro with hyper v I have a 2080ti partitioned for use with the vms.I just bought a 4090 and I want to deticate it to hyper v. Is this possible or when I install the new gpu do I just partition it across the vms using paravirtulization...
  6. Hyper v Deticated GPU questions

Hyper v Deticated GPU questions: I'm currently running windows 11 pro with hyper v I have a 2080ti partitioned for use with the vms.I just bought a 4090 and I want to deticate it to hyper v. Is this possible or when I install the new gpu do I just partition it across the vms using paravirtulization...
  7. Essential Hyper-Converged Cloud Questions Answered

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Essential Hyper-Converged Cloud Questions Answered: The post Essential Hyper-Converged Cloud Questions Answered appeared first on Win10 FAQ. read more...
  8. Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question: For various reasons, it is imperative that I be able to write and maintain code for Foxpro v2.6 for DOS applications. I currently dual-boot my Windows 10 x64 Pro desktop with Windows 7 x32 bit. After disabling my nVidia Titan GPU, the Windows 7 environment is perfect for my...
  9. Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question

Hyper-V on Windows 11 Question: For various reasons, it is imperative that I be able to write and maintain code for Foxpro v2.6 for DOS applications. I currently dual-boot my Windows 10 x64 Pro desktop with Windows 7 x32 bit. After disabling my nVidia Titan GPU, the Windows 7 environment is perfect for my...
  10. Windows 10 Pro, Hyper-V, Virtual Machine License/Activation questions

Windows 10 Pro, Hyper-V, Virtual Machine License/Activation questions: I have Windows 10 Pro and I've been experimenting with Hyper-V and Virtual Machine on my personnal computer, Obviously I've not made it to this stage of the process where the answer become the hold-up, but assuming it's coming... Question-1: Do I need to have an additional...