Windows 10: Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

Discus and support Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Replication jobs to an offsite server. I tried to run test-failover on these VM's on these VM's and 3 out of 7 are... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by MasisP, Nov 9, 2021.

1. MasisP Win User

Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

I have server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Replication jobs to an offsite server. I tried to run test-failover on these VM's on these VM's and 3 out of 7 are failing. replication status is showing normal and it is replicating every 5 minutes. The error I get is: Start-VMFailover : Hyper-V failed to enable test failover for 'VM': One or more arguments are invalid0x80070057. Virtual machine ID E96F556B-FE79-4D9C-89EC-632C3CDF3A2CReplication operation for virtual machine 'VM' failed: One or more arguments are invalid 0x80070057.Virtual machine ID E96F556B-FE79-4D9C-89EC-632C3CDF3A2C Primary server: '

:)

MasisP, Nov 9, 2021

2. Account failed logon 4625 on VM guest when clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster Manager on VM Host

Issue:

We found a multiple failed logon events on VM guest (evert ID 4625) with account (the account you logon on VM host) when we clicking the entry of VM guest on failover cluster manager console on VM host with Integration servers (Data Exchange) is enabled.

How to reproduce:

1. Check the “Data Exchange” is enabled on a VM guest (Enabled by default, right?)
    2. Open Failover Cluster Manager Console on VM host.
    3. Click the VM guest entry
    4. Then you may found multiple failed logon events on that VM guest.

Reference:

Hyper-V Integration Services | Microsoft Docs

Question:

1. Does the multiple failed logons are normal or necessary?
    2. If the failed logons are normal and necessary to be happened and the “Data exchange” function is good to be enabled to gather data from VM guest, any recommendation for us to correct or avoid these failed logon?

Please advise.

Constrain:

We have no chance to use same account and password on VM hosts and VM guests (because all account are managed by password management) and the Audit Policy of Audit Credential Validation must be enabled.

KeithW_911, Nov 9, 2021
  3. Nir.Tal Win User
    Win. 10 Failover Cluster Manager error

Hey all,

When I'm trying to connect to VM via "Failover Cluster Manager" mmc I'm getting "Failed to connect to virtual machine 'xxx'. For more data, see 'Information Details'."

When connecting to VMs from Hyper-v Manager mmc the VMs open as expected.

My Hyper-v cluster is 2012-R2 with latest updates and my win. 10 is fully updated.

Any suggestions?

Nir

Nir.Tal, Nov 9, 2021
  4. Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

Hyper-V problem

Hi something happened.i think it is related network problem

i have 5 hyper-v host

and all my vm on the failover cluster show that they are restarted in migrating prosess

error this VM failed to perform the operation.The virtual machine is not in a valid state to perform the operation.

i need to learn if all on my 5 hyper-v host had network problem. and vm's starte to migrate and didnt find active network connection by host then went to restart. is it should be right?

imranabdullayev, Nov 9, 2021
Thema:

Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

1. Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's - Similar Threads - Hyper replica Test

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V replica Test failover failing for some VM's: I have server 2012 R2 Hyper-V Replication jobs to an offsite server. I tried to run test-failover on these VM's on these VM's and 3 out of 7 are failing. replication status is showing normal and it is replicating every 5 minutes. The error I get is: Start-VMFailover : Hyper-V...
  6. Hyper-v fails to import VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-v fails to import VM: My Hyper-V storage drive broke down, have backups for that drive, so I have files for VMs. Replaced drive copied files from backup but Hyper-v manager doesn't see any VMs. Trying to import VMs from those files gets me error Unspecified error (0x8004005). Both Restore and...
  7. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  8. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...