Windows 10: Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

Discus and support Hyper-V Resizeable Windows in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by cereberus, Apr 15, 2017.

1. cereberus Win User

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up.

Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better experience now.

:)

cereberus, Apr 15, 2017
  2. shadowynd Win User

Hyper-V on Windows Home Edition?

In my "Services (Local)", the following are listed:

Hyper-V Data Exchange Service

Hyper-V Guest Service Interface

Hyper-V Guest Shutdown Service

Hyper-V Heartbeat Service

Hyper-V Remote Desktop Virtualization Service

Hyper-V Time Synchronization Service

Hyper-V VM Session Service

Hyper-V Volume Shadow Copy Requestor

Since Hyper V isn't supposed to be on Windows 10 Home, I'm wondering what's going on and why it is in my Services. Are there any other services which would appear in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise or Education that shouldn't appear in Windows 10 Home Services?

Thanks!

shadowynd, Apr 15, 2017
  3. Ajmalkm Win User
    Hyper v

Windows 10 Hyper V and Windows Server 2012r2 Hyper V Is there any difference between Hyper v?

Ajmalkm, Apr 15, 2017
Thema:

Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

1. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows - Similar Threads - Hyper Resizeable

2. why i don't have a hyper-v?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why i don't have a hyper-v?: i have windos 10 ltsc why i don't have a hyper-vi triedEnable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllandDISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V...
  3. why i don't have a hyper-v?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why i don't have a hyper-v?: i have windos 10 ltsc why i don't have a hyper-vi triedEnable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V -AllandDISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V...
  4. why i don't have a hyper-v?

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Unable to add a drive in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to add a drive in Hyper-V: I have a USB stick with Debian installed on it and I want to run it via virtual machine on my Windows 11. But Windows does not allow to offline USB sticks which is required to add it to Hyper-V, so I cannot do it. Is there a way I can do it?...
  6. Unable to add a drive in Hyper-V

Unable to add a drive in Hyper-V: I have a USB stick with Debian installed on it and I want to run it via virtual machine on my Windows 11. But Windows does not allow to offline USB sticks which is required to add it to Hyper-V, so I cannot do it. Is there a way I can do it?...
  7. Unable to Import a Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to Import a Hyper-V VM: I built a VM using Hyper-V Manager: 10.0.26200.5001Mangement Consol 3.0Version 24H2 OS Build 26200.5001I am unable to import it onto another system with: Hyper-V Manager: 10.0.22621.1Management Console 3.0Version 23H2 OS Build 22635.3566When I navigate to the folder with the...
  8. Unable to Import a Hyper-V VM

Unable to Import a Hyper-V VM: I built a VM using Hyper-V Manager: 10.0.26200.5001Mangement Consol 3.0Version 24H2 OS Build 26200.5001I am unable to import it onto another system with: Hyper-V Manager: 10.0.22621.1Management Console 3.0Version 23H2 OS Build 22635.3566When I navigate to the folder with the...
  9. W10 drops useful hyper-v resize window (from W8.1)

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    W10 drops useful hyper-v resize window (from W8.1): Hi there Never thought I'd say this but something in W8.1 is better than W10 !!!! There's a missing feature on HYPER-V in W10 that was available on W8.1 You can't dynamically re-size the window in Hyper-Vm . This is a BIG BIG no no even if the basic performance of the VM is...
  10. Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Pro VM on Hyper-V won’t resize correctly: I run several virtual machines on a Windows 10 host (v. 1803). One VM, an Insider Preview, W10 Pro build 18282 usually won’t resize by dragging the corner with the mouse. Enhanced mode is checked, but the only options are full screen, or a size that is about 44% of diagonal...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v resize window