Windows 10: Hyper-V stops working after bios update

Discus and support Hyper-V stops working after bios update in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Before I ask the question, here's my hardware: Intel Core i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHZ overclocked to 4.6GHZ 32.0GB Ram 31.9 usable Nvidia Geforce RTX... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by ~winterfoxx~, May 23, 2020.

1. Hyper-V stops working after bios update

Before I ask the question, here's my hardware:

Intel Core i7-9700k CPU @ 3.60GHZ overclocked to 4.6GHZ

32.0GB Ram 31.9 usable

Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080

Windows 10 Home Insider Build#19628

Hyper-V was working fine until around a week ago when not only did it break vms, it caused a bsod labled

HYPERVISOR_ERROR

On vmware it gives me this error:

"VMware Player and Device/Credential Guard are not compatible. VMware Player can be run after disabling Device/Credential Guard. Please visit http://www.vmware.com/go/turnoff_CG_DG for more details."

And apparently this isnt a huge help.

It leads to vmwares website which leads me to microsoft and then there is a dead end, because I have win10 home.

Any help is appreciated

winterfoxx

:)

~winterfoxx~, May 23, 2020

2. Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Microsoft does not upgrade BIOS firmware you have to install the BIOS firmware from your computer manufacturer website.

Use the following steps to enable Hyper-V on Windows 10:

• Open Control Panel.
    • Click on Programs.
    • Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
    • Check the Hyper-V option making sure: Hyper-V Management Tools and Hyper-V Platform are also selected.
    • Click OK to begin the process.

FreeBooter, May 23, 2020
  3. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 23, 2020
  4. bro67 Win User

Hyper-V stops working after bios update

Firmware update or hyper-v causes automatic repair loop everytime

Actually some machines can receive Firmware updates through Windows Updates. As for the reboots, I would also look at Secure Boot getting fouled up and clearing that option to reset it. The Hash may not match when it reboot causing these errors.

bro67, May 23, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V stops working after bios update

1. Hyper-V stops working after bios update - Similar Threads - Hyper stops working

2. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v: Hi, i tried to install android emulator on my dell laptop. When i first run the emulator it ask to activate hyper-v. So i went to control panel and tick the hyper-v option in add windows feature. Next my laptop went restart and it enter system diagnostic tool instead to...
  3. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v: Hi, i tried to install android emulator on my dell laptop. When i first run the emulator it ask to activate hyper-v. So i went to control panel and tick the hyper-v option in add windows feature. Next my laptop went restart and it enter system diagnostic tool instead to...
  4. Boot sequence empty on bios after activating hyper-v

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  6. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  7. Hyper V not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V not working: Hyper V quick create showing not found error and closing automatically. What can I do to repair it. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-working/2b91e86c-7ff8-4ea6-841b-db751d108036
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. hyper V machine's stopped working

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    hyper V machine's stopped working: My Windows 10 virtual machines worked fine. But today when I attempt to start the machines I get the error '(machine name)' failed to start. and '(machine name)' could not initialize. The same thing happens when I attempt to create a new virtual machine. Any thoughts on this...
  10. Windows 10 Hyper-V stop work | fail to connect do localhost

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Windows 10 Hyper-V stop work | fail to connect do localhost: *Sick Hi, since yesterday my Hyper-V stoped work. I have no clue of whats going on. I tried to uninstall and install it again, but didn't work. Does someone knows how to purge hyper-v configuration when remove/uninstall it? Because it seems that when I uninstall, the...