Windows 10: Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working

Discus and support Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello guys. I'm running Windows Server 2019 Standard and I'm running Pfsense VM on Hyper-V.I use trunk mode on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HieuKhuu, May 7, 2022.

1. HieuKhuu Win User

Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working

Hello guys. I'm running Windows Server 2019 Standard and I'm running Pfsense VM on Hyper-V.I use trunk mode on VMNetworkAdapter:Get-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -VMName "Pfsense2.4.4" Where-Object {$_.MacAddress -eq "XXXXXXXXXX"} Set-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -Trunk -AllowedVlanIdList "10" -NativeVlanId 0When i enter the command i don' see any error, but when i check the VMNetworkAdapterVlan.It does not turn to Trunk mode.How can i fix this problem?Thank you very much in advance for any feedback. And sorry about my English.

:)

HieuKhuu, May 7, 2022

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, May 7, 2022
  3. Win10Pro, Hyper-V and missing files

I am aware that does not install Hyper-V, it was from me attempting to clear up the issue that was preventing me installing Hyper-V. The dism log when issuing the commands;

• DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V
    • DISM /Online /Enable-Feature /All /FeatureName:Microsoft-Hyper-V-All
    Show the exact same errors, so I was guessing were rooted in the same cause.

StuartEagles, May 7, 2022
  4. Rex99ny Win User

Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, May 7, 2022
Thema:

1. Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working - Similar Threads - Hyper Trunk Mode

2. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  3. Hyper-V not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V not working: I am trying to install hyper-v thru power shell abut it says this:Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature : Feature name Microsoft-Hyper-V is unknown.At line:1 char:1+ Enable-WindowsOptionalFeature -Online -FeatureName Microsoft-Hyper-V ...+...
  4. Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V Trunk Mode Command not working: Hello guys. I'm running Windows Server 2019 Standard and I'm running Pfsense VM on Hyper-V.I use trunk mode on VMNetworkAdapter:Get-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -VMName "Pfsense2.4.4" Where-Object {$_.MacAddress -eq "XXXXXXXXXX"} Set-VMNetworkAdapterVlan -Trunk -AllowedVlanIdList...
  5. Hyper V not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    Hyper V not working: Hyper V quick create showing not found error and closing automatically. What can I do to repair it. Thanks in advance.[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-not-working/2b91e86c-7ff8-4ea6-841b-db751d108036
  6. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  7. Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Network Adapter Bridge Mode?: I'm running successfully running Android BlueStacks in a Hyper-V machine and have network connectivity through the host adapter. However, one Android app I run does not fully function because it believes the device is not on the same subnet as the actual host machine. Someone...
  8. Will W10x64 Hyper-V work on my PC?

Will W10x64 Hyper-V work on my PC?: As the title says, before I install, I'm wondering if it will work at all. I tried to search and didn't find any specific requirements or list of PCs that are known to work/not work. I have several VMware (ESXi 5.5u3) hosts but was hoping that I could get Hyper-V working on...
  9. Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V

Display Drivers for XP Not working in Hyper-V: Hello Everyone! Thank you a head of time for you time and efforts! THE QUESTION: How do I fix my display drivers in XP in my win10 Hyper-v virtual machine? WHAT HAPPENED: Installed XP in Hyper-V (Win10). For some reason now the display drivers are not installing....
  10. HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??

HYPER-V and Unity mode equivalent ??: Hi there I really love using the VM's in UNITY MODE - especially for Windows VM's from Linux boxes. Is there an equivalent type of facility in HYPER-V. (It's not a showstopper but Unity is a great feature). Cheers jimbo 2479