Windows 10: Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

Discus and support Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi all, After update to build 17134.523, I've noticed that after every restart Hyper-V turns itself on. This is quite annoying, since turning it off... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by screaminbug, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

Hi all,

After update to build 17134.523, I've noticed that after every restart Hyper-V turns itself on. This is quite annoying, since turning it off or on requires two additional restarts. Anyone else experiencing this? Is there any solution? If I turn it off, I expect it to stay off until I want turn it back on.

:)

screaminbug, Jan 12, 2019

2. Hyper V deativication

Hi Geoffrey,

Hyper-V lets you run an operating system or computer system as a virtual machine on Windows. Before proceeding in disabling
    Hyper-V, please create a backup of your files for security purposes.

To disable Hyper-V, please follow the steps below:

• On the Cortana search box, type Turn Windows Features on or off and press
      Enter.
    • Look for the Hyper-V folder.
    • Uncheck the tick-box next to the main Hyper-V folder and click
      OK.
    • Restart your PC.

Should you have further questions, please let us know.

Jefferson Ore, Jan 12, 2019
  3. Hyper-V

That's the problem that I cannot find Hyper-V in Windows Features list, hence I am not able to turn it on or off.

NarekGrigoryan, Jan 12, 2019
  4. soniv Win User

Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

Cannot turn Hyper-V off on Windows 10

Hello,

I can't seem to be able to turn off Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro. I have successfully turned it on but would now like to get rid of it now and no matter what I do, when the machine reboots the update is aborted and after a couple of automatic reboots, I logon
    and Hyper-V is still there. Has anyone seen this? Any suggestions?

FYI: I have already tried turning it off via "Turn Windows features on or off", CMD, Powershell and on Safe Mode. All with the same result.

Thanks in advance.

soniv, Jan 12, 2019
Thema:

Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows...

1. Hyper-V turns on automatically after restart, following update to 1803-17134.523, Windows... - Similar Threads - Hyper turns automatically

2. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  3. HYPER V NOT TURNING ON

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    HYPER V NOT TURNING ON: WHENEVER I TURN ON HYPER V FROM "TURN WINDOWS FEATURES ON OR OFF" IT SAYS TO RESTART PC I TURNED HYPER V ON AND THEN RESTARTED MY PC BUT IT SAYS SOMETHING DOESN'T GO AS PLANNED NO NEED TO WORYY UNDOING CHANGESAND HYPER V ISN`T TURNED ONSADLY HELP ME WINDOWS 11 PRO 22H2...
  4. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  5. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134: Hello,I recently reinstall my pc with a disk backup in version 1803, and I'm just trying to update it to the last version.Windows Update doesn't succeded, and the helper failed too.I search a little and find that all update are now available only for windows 1903... So I...
  6. Unable to update windows 1803 version 17134

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. how to prevent hyper v from automatically turning on after update?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    how to prevent hyper v from automatically turning on after update?: how to prevent hyper v from automatically turning on after update? submitted by /u/johncaling40 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k3ckms/how_to_prevent_hyper_v_from_automatically_turning/
  8. Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V: Hi, As anyone tried Hyper-V yet, as isn't it suppose to be an emulator so we can play old games like Silver etc... 6618
  9. Hyper-V Resizeable Windows

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V Resizeable Windows: For those unaware, you can now resize your Hyper-V windows "on the fly" (enhanced mode at least) . Previously, you had to do it via config files before you started vm up. Now you do not have to scroll or go to fullscreen mode to get to task bar. Makes it much better...
  10. Windows 10 and Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 and Hyper-V: I tried to install the preview as a virtual machine and everything went fine until after a reboot following the download and installation of the updates. Both 8.1 & 10 locked up with a strange crackling noise through the speakers every few seconds. One good thing about a...