Windows 10: Hyper V - Unable to install any OS

Discus and support Hyper V - Unable to install any OS in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I am trying to install a Gen 2 VM using Hyper-V but I have failed so far.. OS(s) I have tried.. 1. Windows 10 Pro 1809 2. Windows 10... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by StAr_L0rd, Jan 8, 2019.

1. StAr_L0rd Win User

Hyper V - Unable to install any OS

Hello,

I am trying to install a Gen 2 VM using Hyper-V but I have failed so far..

OS(s) I have tried..

1. Windows 10 Pro 1809

2. Windows 10 Insider Preview build 18290

3. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Desktop

4. Ubuntu 18.04.1 LTS for Server

Type.. as Generation 2.

Secure Boot both as On and Off.

Windows OS failed at starting. When I started the VM, it displayed "Press any key to boot from CD or DVD...." But whenever I pressed a key, it rebooted and displayed the message again everytime.

Linux OS, the VM started and I went through all the installation steps, but as soon as the actual installation started, the installer failed soon after partitioning.

ISO.. downloaded and re-downloaded multiple times. Verified checksum.

Host system reset done, still not working.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Gen 1 VM.. same ISO.. Windows OS working. Linux.. I didn't try.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Host system...

Processor: Core i5 8300H

RAM: 8GB

BIOS: Virtualization is ON

Optional features... Turned ON..

1. Container Image Manager

2. Containers

3. Hyper-V

4. Virtual Machine Platform

5. Windows Hypervisor Platform

:)

StAr_L0rd, Jan 8, 2019
  2. s.kongrath, Jan 8, 2019
  3. s.kongrath, Jan 8, 2019
  4. S_and_S Win User

Unable to Install Hyper-V

When my computer was running Windows 8.1, Hyper-V installed and ran flawlessly.

I did a clean install of Windows 10 on the same computer. The install was successful and Windows 10 runs really well. However, I am unable to install Hyper-V on Windows 10!

The install proceeds to about the 92% point and then fails with "We couldn't complete the update, undoing changes ..." etc.

Looking in Event Viewer there is just one relevant entry. It's Event ID 11 - Update Microsoft-Hyper-V-Services of package Microsoft-Hyper-V-ClientEdition-Package failed to be turned on. Status: 0x800f0922.

How can I fix or workaround this issue?

No generic troubleshooting, please. If you have substantive knowledge of this particular situation I will appreciate your reply.

S_and_S, Jan 8, 2019
Thema:

1. Hyper V - Unable to install any OS - Similar Threads - Hyper Unable install

2. Unable to uninstall hyper v

in Windows 10 Customization
    Unable to uninstall hyper v: Hello I'm unable to install hyper v I tried windows features on or off and it doesn't appear there https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-uninstall-hyper-v/c7895bb7-8f0e-4719-b2a9-e49116b21b99
  3. Hyper-V installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Hyper-V installation: I have Windows 10 PRO and just turned on Hyper-V to set up a virtual machine. Everything went well until I tried to install the operating system. I bought a version of windows 10 home for this purpose but its on a USB drive and the installation setup doesn't accept this...
  4. Any way to install hyper-v?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any way to install hyper-v?: My AMD Ryzen overclocking software won't run until VBS (Virtualization based security) is disabled, which won't work since I don't have the hyper-v file in the windows features settings. any way to re-install it? Or an alternative to turning off VBS? submitted by...
  5. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
  6. Unable to disable Hyper-V

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to disable Hyper-V: Hey I hope you all are fine. I am trying to run BLUE STACKS which is an android app emulator on PC Everyone knows it is necessary that Hyper-V and any other virtual feature should be disabled. It was running smoothly even after updating to 1903[just for reference I made a...
  7. Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Unable to Install Hyper-V Platform Role: Hi, I am trying to install the Hyper-V role through the Control Panel - Programs and Features - Turn a Windows Feature On or Off. When I check the box for Hyper-V, it searches for the files, acquires them, and applies the changes. It then says "Windows completed...
  8. Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network

Hyper-V unable to configure network for guest OS - no network: I am running Hyper-V on Windows 10 Pro and trying to install CentOS 6 on a VM. I define an external virtual switch, create a VM, specifying the use of the external virtual switch. I have 2 NICs on the host system, both with network access and internet access. The external...
  9. Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10)

Unable to disable Hyper-V (Windows 10): Hyper-V was enabled while installing the Visual Studio Android emulator, which I no longer need. As it turns out, Hyper-V doesn't work well with Virtualbox (see #15268 (Virtualbox causes SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION on Win10) – Oracle VM VirtualBox) and must be removed....
  10. Clean install 15014 in hyper-v

Clean install 15014 in hyper-v: I have created an iso using the uup to iso tutorial and it works fine to upgrade existing VMs, setting iso as a dvd. I am trying to clean install it in hyper-v overwriting an existing vm (do not want to change existing vm id) and have set it as a dvd, and changed boot...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i am unable to install any os on my pc