Windows 10: hyper-v virtual Ethernet adapter multiplying

Discus and support hyper-v virtual Ethernet adapter multiplying in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; hello, every time i restart my computer a new "Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter" appears in my device manager. I've tried deleting/uninstalling and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by ry4n, Jul 29, 2018.

1. ry4n Win User

hyper-v virtual Ethernet adapter multiplying

hello,

every time i restart my computer a new "Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter" appears in my device manager. I've tried deleting/uninstalling and disabling them, but keeps replicating.

hyper-v virtual Ethernet adapter multiplying [​IMG]

I don't even have a VM running at the moment.

Also, can't delete the default switch.

Thanks for help.

:)

2. alexlongs Win User

Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter not working after November 2015 Windows 10 major upgrade 1511

Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter can no longer be enabled after having installed November 2015 Windows 10 major upgrade 1511. As a result, I can no longer have internet connection on my virtual machines (guests).

I tried to fully uninstall and install back Hyper-V framework on my host system (principal). But it didn't fix.

The Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter keep on remaining disabled and fails to get enabled back.

EventViewer reports the following error (EvtID 7023):

"The HvHost service terminated with the following error: A device attached to the system is not functioning.".

Everything was working fine with the virtual adapter before getting the upgrade.

This sounds to me as an upgrade issue. Is there any work-around to get fixed? Thanks.

alexlongs, Jul 29, 2018
  3. Rex99ny Win User
    Where is the Hyper V Manager, How to I start it ?

I am trying to setup an XP virtual Machine on Windows 10 Pro.

I followed the steps in Neil Peterson article of 5/9/2016.

System Requirements - done - ok

Install Hyper-V - done - ok

Create a Virtual Switch - skip

Create a Virtual Machine

Create a Virtual Machine with Hyper-V Manager

These steps walk through how to manually create a virtual machine and deploy an operating system to this virtual machine.

• In Hyper-V Manager, click Action > New >
      Virtual Machine
      to bring up the New

Uhhhhhhhhh - this step obviously implies one knows

1) Where the Hyper-V Manager is

2) How to start the Hyper-V Manager

Isn't that odd ?

Rex99ny, Jul 29, 2018
  4. jbl1985 Win User

Importing Virtual PC -> Hyper V

Thank you. I followed the instructions below, and when I go to hit the action menu to install Integration services, of course, there is no such option under the Action Menu. The instructions seem so simple but I'm still missing something...

Step 4: Install or upgrade integration services

Hyper-V includes a software package for supported guest operating systems that improves integration between the physical computer and the virtual machine. This package is referred to as integration services. To learn more, see Integration
    Services

This step can't be automated or done within a Windows PowerShell session.

To install integration services

• Open Hyper-V Manager. From the Server Manager Tools menu, click Hyper-V Manager.

• Connect to the virtual machine. Right-click the name of the virtual machine and click Connect.

• From the Action menu of Virtual Machine Connection, click Insert Integration Services Setup Disk. This action loads the setup disk in the virtual DVD drive. Depending on the guest operating system installed, you may
      need to start the installation manually.

• After the installation finishes, all integration services are available for use.

jbl1985, Jul 29, 2018
Thema:

1. hyper-v virtual Ethernet adapter multiplying - Similar Threads - hyper virtual Ethernet

2. Random Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters spawning on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Random Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters spawning on Windows 10: Hi,We have been noticing that multiple Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters are being created randomly on Windows 10 machines which are constantly messing up applications, such as Outlook goes offline. We have tried disabling Hyper-V, removing the adapters from the device...
  3. Multiple Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager

Multiple Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager: Hello, I have a Windows 10 Pro 2004 freshly installed and these adapters keep spawning in the Device Manager. I don't even know what they are for. I deleted them "Uninstall the device" function, but they re-appeared after a restart. I tried disabling the VMMS via the...
  4. Cannot remove vEthernet Ethernet, Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter

Cannot remove vEthernet Ethernet, Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter: Problem: Have to disable 'vEthernet Ethernet' after every reboot to be able to use my local network. Cannot permanently delete this Hyper-V Virtual Ethernet Adapter, which is of no use for me. Windows 10 Pro ver.2004: no VPN, no Virtual Machine, no Sandbox But I have had...
  5. Changing network profile for Hyper-V virtual internal ethernet adapter

Changing network profile for Hyper-V virtual internal ethernet adapter: My Windows 10 operates Hyper-V and defines multiple virtual network adapters. For the host OS, the virtual adapter for external connection vEthernet External to the router can be categorised as private network. [ATTACH] However, the virtual adapter vEthernet Internal that...
  6. Hyper-V virtual Ethernet adapter automatically deleted and reconfigured

Hyper-V virtual Ethernet adapter automatically deleted and reconfigured: Hello, I created virtual Ethernet adapter with Hyper-V manager. However, the virtual Ethernet adapter automatically deleted, reconfigured, and restarted repeatedly when the OS(Windows 10 64bit) is booting up. I connect my virtual PC(guest OS) via SSH. Thus, I assigned...
  7. Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Wifi adapter no longer supported in Hyper-V virtual switch: I have succesfully used a Hyper-V virtual switch connected to the wireless adapter in my laptop. All my VM's could access my LAN independently, and could get an ip address from the DHCP server. This means, AFAIK, that my wireless adapter can and does opererate in promiscuous...
  8. Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V

Virtual network is not created in Hyper-V: Hi guys, I enabled Hyper-V feature in Windows 10 but unable to create a virtual switch. I tried to create private and internal types of virtual switch but every time the process stuck on "Applying changes". What could be the reason of that? Thank you. 61906
  9. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  10. Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V

Network adapters not appearing in Hyper-V: Hello. I'm hoping somebody knowledgeable can help me. I've looked online and I can't find an answer for this problem. I've just recently picked up windows 10 (It's been less than a week so I'm admittedly a noob with it) and I want to create a virtual machine. I've gone...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v virtual ethernet adapter