Windows 10: Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10

Discus and support Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10 in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; I am trying to set-up a Linux VM inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by Vizor, Mar 4, 2017.

1. Vizor Win User

Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10

I am trying to set-up a Linux VM inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch manager, it gets stuck at "applying changes". Just in case it was conflicting, I uninstalled virtualbox and rebooted, but it is still "applying changes" after two hours. How can I create virtual switches?

Thanks in Advance.

:)

Vizor, Mar 4, 2017
  2. Vizor555 Win User

Virtual switch manager stuck at "applying changes"

I am trying to set-up a Linux vm inside my windows 10 pro computer using the guide at ten forums here: Hyper-V virtualization - Setup and Use in Windows 10

I have successfully turned on Hyper-v, however, when I go on to create a virtual switch from the virtual switch manager, it gets stuck at "applying changes". Just in case it was conflicting, I uninstalled virtualbox and rebooted, but it is still "applying
    changes" after two hours. How can I create virtual switches?

Vizor555, Mar 4, 2017
  3. Rafael Com, Mar 4, 2017
  4. lx07 Win User

What is your bcdedit hypervisorlaunchtype value?

Check detecthal is "Yes" as well (if it exists).

lx07, Mar 7, 2017
  5. Vizor Win User
    Accidentally posted at wrong place and can't figure out how to delete it from phone.

Vizor, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Hyper-v Virtual switch manager stuck at “applying changes” Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Hyper Virtual switch

2. Fix Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes in Hyper-V

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes in Hyper-V: [ATTACH]If you receive a prompt with the message Error applying Virtual Switch Properties changes when you try to re-create a Hyper-V virtual switch (vSwitch) for the same physical network adapter on your Windows 11 or Windows 10 computer, then this post is intended to help...
  3. Hyper-V virtual switches difference?

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V virtual switches difference?: I made a new external switch in Hyper-V, and the screenshot below is what I have now: [img] First 3 adapters from screenshot are as follows: 1. Physical realtek adapter 2. Default (non removable) virtual switch 3. vEthernet is the external switch I made BUT, what is...
  4. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  5. Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues

Hyper-V Virtual Switch Issues: I have multiple VMs that work very well but I am trying to limit some of them to accessing my internal network only but I have been unable to find a way to do that. The Default Switch simply doesn't allow access to my internal network and when I set the Virtual Switch that I...
  6. Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network

Hyper-v virtual switch breaks my network: I’m not entirely sure if this should be in networking section. Sorry if this is wrong section. First little background. I have Raspberry Pi running Kodi. I also have Windows 10 computer with TV tuner card. I can watch TV on Kodi over the network as the Windows 10 machine...
  7. Hyper-V Virtual Switch

Hyper-V Virtual Switch: I cannot create a Virtual switch when using Hyper-V get this error message: [img] I am using a Qualcomm Atheros AR9002WB-1NG Wireless Network Adapter and running Hyper-V with Admin Privleges. Laptop is a Toshiba Qosmio i7 with 8GB Ram running Windows 10 pro. Thanks...
  8. Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch

Hyper-V - Unable to Create External Virtual Switch: I get the error "bind failed: General access denied error" when I try to create an external virtual switch. [img] I tried running Hyper-V with as admin without success. Kevin 43133
  9. Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Win10 Accesses the Internet With Hyper-V's Virtual Switch: After adding Hyper-V to Windows 10 Pro, Windows now accesses the internet with the virtual switch I created for Hyper-V instead of my Ethernet connection. Why isn't Windows 10 using my Ethernet connection? 83247
  10. Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot use Hyper-V Extensible Virtual Switch: Hey, new here. I wasn't sure if this should go in Network and Sharing or Programs and Apps, so I apologize if this is in the wrong category. Anyways, while trying to set up a virtual switch I discover I need to install the 'Hyper-v Extensible Virtual Switch' network...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. hyper-v stuck applying changes

2. hyperv switch manager stuck on applying changes