Windows 10: Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

Discus and support Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by SBrickey23, Aug 3, 2023.

1. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these devices. However, from each VM I can only ping the Host that the VM is on. I can also ping the VM from the Host. My problem is that I cannot ping the opposite Host or VM from the VM I'm working with.To make that a little easier to understand, here is an example:STAN can Ping COSTELLO and vice-versa.OLLIE can Ping A

:)

SBrickey23, Aug 3, 2023
  2. DMACUK Win User

Hyper-V VM

With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine?

DMACUK, Aug 3, 2023
  3. Schism082 Win User
    No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, Aug 3, 2023
  4. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

Cannot copy and paste into Hyper-V VM

I cannot copy and paste anything into a Hyper-V Window 10 Pro VM. Not text. Not files.

I have made sure that the Guest Services was checking in the VM settings and that Use enhanced session mode is check in Hyper-V Settings.

BRANDON_816, Aug 3, 2023
Thema:

Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

1. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM - Similar Threads - Hyper can't ping

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Create Hyper-V VM and Hyper-V Virtual Switch: Hello, I have been trying to create a Ubuntu VM using Hyper-V for the past hour, but Windows still can't create one for me. Every time I tried to create it just says "The server encountered an error while creating VM name. 'VM name' failed to realize. Failed to access...
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. HYPER-V can I Clone the VM to another machine

HYPER-V can I Clone the VM to another machine: Hi there I'm trying to clone a W10 VM on to another machine. This new one has INTEL hardware - I've been doing most of my testing with an AMD box - probably a lot of troubles I've had might be to do with the AMD hardware. So I've got HYPER-V all set up - but I can't get...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...