Windows 10: Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?

Discus and support Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network? in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have created Windows 10 VM under a Windows 10 host. The VM was created using just the preconfigured "Windows 10 Dev Environment" template. It used to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by BlackJacques, Nov 10, 2020.

1. Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?

I have created Windows 10 VM under a Windows 10 host. The VM was created using just the preconfigured "Windows 10 Dev Environment" template. It used to work before, but something changed, and now it's not working. Looking at the VM settings, it shows that the VM is configured to use "Default Switch" as its virtual switch. I ran the troubleshooter wizard inside the VM, but it couldn't fix the problem.

:)

BlackJacques, Nov 10, 2020

2. Hyper-V networking

Windows 10 Pro, Build 10586.71. Hyper-V installed. All was working well, and then I got a chipset update from Dell. Installed the update and rebooted computer. After that networking was not working correctly, windows showed limited connectivity. I looked
    a little to roll back the driver update, but Windows did not show a new Nic card driver and the chipsets I looked at also did not show a current date. The Dell Command update program does not provide a way to uninstall updates.

I tried to access hyper-v switch manager but it returns an error that "an error occurred while trying to retrieve a list of virtual switches". Also tried using the powershell cmdlet but got a general error.

I accessed the networking center and deleted the Hyper V adapter, then edited my LAN card's config disabling the two Hyper V protocols and enabling the rest. This let me get back on-line with my computer. I have tried uninstalling the Hyper V feature,
    reboot, reinstall - but I am still unable to access the switch manager. I then removed the feature again, re-named the C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\Hyper-V directory, rebooted, added the feature again. This time (obviously) none of my VM's show up but
    I'm still unable to access the switch manager.

There is no critical data in my Hyper V, I use it for testing, re-creating issues, learning, etc. Is there a way for Windows 10 (or something designed for server 2012 that will apply) that I can use to fully reset the Hyper v networking, or fully rest all
    of hyper v so I can get it working again? I do use the workstation heavily, it's my work computer so it would be very difficult to impossible to reinstall the OS.

Thoughts and suggestions appreciated.

Matthew.Hart.TMG, Nov 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Get access to VM machine on Hyper-V from login screen of Host PC

Hi Steven,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you want to get access to the VM machine on Hyper-V from the login screen of the host PC. However, as you are using Hyper-V and VM, I suggest you to post your query in

TechNet forums
    , where we have support professionals who are well equipped with the knowledge on Hyper-V and VM’s.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 10, 2020
  4. SarahKong Win User

Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?

Unassign Hyper V VM with deleted User account

Hyper V is not assigned based on user accounts.

Hyper V is a server feature that allows you to create VMs but they are not assigned to users.

Can you post a screenshot of what you are referring to?

And then share on a cloud drive and post link here for me to look at?

Also what are the steps you are doing to "assign" the VM to another User?

SarahKong, Nov 10, 2020
Thema:

Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network?

1. Hyper-V VM is not able to access its network? - Similar Threads - Hyper able access

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. Problem with VM on Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem with VM on Hyper-V: Good morning,after installing updates on windows server 2008 R2 it's a server to do some lab tests, I know the OS is obsolete, the VM working on Hyper-V starts normally and works but the screen remains black. How can I solve the problem?Looking online, the server in question...
  5. Remote access to Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Remote access to Hyper-V VM: I have a Hyper-V VM created with a Windows OS running in it. Is there a way I can connect to the VM via Remote Desktop from a computer other than the host computer? Thanks! John 130025
  6. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  7. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  8. @KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM

@KARI access Linux HDD's in HYPER-V VM: Hi there particularly @Kari. I'm playing around now with HYPER-V. I want to access 1 X 9 TB and 1 X 7 TB Linux internal HDD's from a HYPER-V VM (Centos 7). I'm running HOST W10 pro x-64. I've taken the two HDD's offline to the HOST but can't seem to get the VM to...
  9. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...