Windows 10: Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet

Discus and support Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; PC SPECS & INFO ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm on Windows 10 Pro using... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by uxusk, Aug 5, 2020.

1. uxusk Win User

Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet

PC SPECS & INFO

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm on Windows 10 Pro using Wi-Fi not Ethernet Cable

Build 1909

16 GB Ram

VM INFO & ISSUE

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

VM is on Build 1511 [testing things]

When I logon, the Wi-Fi symbol has a yellow triangle and it says Identifying... No Internet

When right click the Wi-Fi icon and click Troubleshoot problems it shows "not a valid ip configuration"

VM INFO

I made a new Virtual Switch, External,

External set to: IntelR Wireless-AC 9560 160MHz

I am using Wi-Fi so do I have to check "Enable Virtual Lan Identification for Management Operating System"?

Looking for fixes if any generous person can help me troubleshoot the problem!

:)

uxusk, Aug 5, 2020
  2. Kari Win User

Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

A practical tip:

List virtual machines and their GUIDs, select and copy a GUID for a specific VM:

Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet [​IMG]

Paste it to notes for that VM:

Now when you select a VM, its GUID will be shown:

Kari, Aug 5, 2020
  3. Schism082 Win User
    No Internet in Hyper-V VM's

Hi, I have Windows 10 Enterprise and just added Hyper-V. I had 3 VM's on VMware Player and deleted and uninstalled Player. I have 3 Vm's on Hyper-V. My problem is I get no Internet on my Vm's. I am new to Hyper-V and would like to know how to connect these
    to the internet. I have "Virtual switch (automatic)" selected. They show no connections available in the VM's. How do I connect to the internet? (I'm on wifi.) I'm attaching a screenshot. Thanks

Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet a5a649f6-ec4d-4915-ad8b-d1e2d2a5cafa.png

Schism082, Aug 5, 2020
  4. Kari Win User

Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

I usually do not make any notes for discardable (not activated) virtual machines but for those activated which I repeatedly export and import I note OS build, product key used, Microsoft account linked to digital license, name of disk (if not same as VM name) or disks and GUID.

The info pane in Hyper-V Manager can't be resized and can only show four lines of note text:

Full note can only be seen in VM settings:

Kari, Aug 5, 2020
Thema:

1. Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet - Similar Threads - Hyper stuck Identifying

2. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  3. Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Hyper-V VM can't ping another Hyper-V VM: Hello all,I've been working on a lab network attempting to perform a test live migration. Here is my current setup:Host 1: STAN- VM COSTELLOHost 2: OLLIE Joined to the Domain- VM ABBOTT Current Domain Controller DNS ServerI have set static IP addresses for all of these...
  4. [SOLVED] Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    [SOLVED] Hyper-V VM is stuck on Identifying... No Internet: PC SPECS & INFO ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I'm on Windows 10 Pro using Wi-Fi not Ethernet Cable Build 1909 16 GB Ram VM INFO & ISSUE...
  5. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  6. Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder.: Hyper-V VM. No OneDrive folder. Clicking OneDrive doesn't give a OneDrive folder. 111321
  7. Identifying VMs in Hyper-V

Identifying VMs in Hyper-V: Hi does anybody know how to tell what Hyper-V VM is connected to which /vhdx file ? It is all a bit of a mess now. I am guessing the only valid ones are the large datafiles? cheers [img] 84958
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet

Hyper-V does not allow my VM to the internet: When I was at build 10074 I had Hyper-V working and the Virtual Machine (also at build 10130 but several days before the host upgraded) had LAN and internet access. After the upgrade to 10130 the VM can see the host on in the Network, but not the internet. Network adn...
  10. Hyper-V VM has no sound

Hyper-V VM has no sound: This is my first attempt at using Hyper-V. Installation in my Win 10 Pro worked well right up until I tried using the virtual machines sound. No sound device reported. I opened device manager the only option I could see was Audio inputs and outputs. Expanding and a device...