Windows 10: HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

Discus and support HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!! in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely). Cannot install programs.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, Oct 7, 2014.

1. jimbo45 Win User

HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!!

Hi there

Trying to install programs while connected via RDP (the normal way of accessing your HYPER-V VM remotely).
    Cannot install programs.

This seems a bit daft - I can't always be at the console of the HOST machine - I usually access VM's remotely anyway.

cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2014

2. Hyper-V issue on Windows 10

Hello, thanks for the reply.

I tried different ways.

One virtual adapter for Hyper-V manager and Network application on VM. Connected to VM via Hyper-V and the via RDP.

Then I added second virtual adapter dedicated for RDP only.

No success.

btw my laptop is Lenovo T460. No broadcom adapters inside.

АндрейГолдашкин, Oct 7, 2014
  3. Windows 10 Hyper-V disconnecting with "Video Remoting was disconnected"

I'm using Hyper-V. Win 10 Pro was installed on a clean PC, not by update. At some moment (not from the beginning) it had lost ability to connect to a VM. All I see is constantly blinking black screen with a message "Video Remoting was disconnected". I can
    connect via RDP client, but not via Hyper-V "direct" connection.

It doesn't work even with a fresh new VM with clean VHD. Doesn't matter if I switch "Enhanced session" on/off, or maybe add/delete virtual video adapter. So basically I can't really create a new VM, because I need at least to install an OS and I can't.

By the way, the issue seemingly appeared near the time Hyper-V received the update adding virtual video adapter support. But thanks to the glorious and magic new Windows Update I never had a chance to know what exactly changed in my OS before the issue appeared.

I already had Hyper-V reinstalled, changed nothing. What else can be done?

adskiy_sotona, Oct 7, 2014
  4. strollin Win User

The fact that there's an error message displayed saying it's not permitted says this was done on purpose as opposed to it being simply a bug. I wonder what the reasoning would be to prevent installing via RDP?

strollin, Oct 7, 2014
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Got round the problem

Mapped the tsclient and then connected that as a Network drive --then it worked.

(Testing with a small install before I try Office / photoshop etc). I certainly don't want to COPY all to local drives so I'm glad the tsclient trick worked).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2014
  6. Kari Win User
    EDIT: Seems you solved it while I was composing this post.

Jimbo, reading that screenshot "between the lines" (if that's possible when we talk about an image *Smile), it looks like you are trying to install a program on your Guest (RDP host) using installer on your host (RDP client). If that's true, have you tried to copy the installer to RDP host and install from there?

Kari, Oct 7, 2014
  7. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Yes - as above -- map the TSCLIENT drive as a network drive. Obviously I didn't want to copy programs to local drives before install -- that would make it horrible (and wasteful) if I have several machines.

I don't think the RDP error though is a specific W10 error - I remember something like that on earlier releases.

Cheers
    jimbo.

jimbo45, Oct 7, 2014
  8. Kari Win User

Kari, Oct 7, 2014
  9. Mystere Win User
    I think that error message is poorly worded. I think what it means is "cannot install from a remote desktop connection *folder*" RDP's tsclient file redirection is a bit goofy and doesn't fully support all filesystem functions (basically, it has to copy the file to a local temp folder first then do operations locally).

Mystere, Oct 10, 2014
  10. badrobot Win User
    You have to copy the installer file to the machine you want to install it with. Then delete the installer after. It happens mostly when the installer file has to be decompressed first before the installation itself.

badrobot, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. HYPER-V VM via RDP - Cannot install Pgms !!!!! - Similar Threads - HYPER via RDP

2. Cannot copy and paste into Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot copy and paste into Hyper-V VM: I cannot copy and paste anything into a Hyper-V Window 10 Pro VM. Not text. Not files.I have made sure that the Guest Services was checking in the VM settings and that Use enhanced session mode is check in Hyper-V Settings....
  3. HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    HYPER-V RDP to a VM on the same host: Hi folks particularly @Kari (the expert on HYPER-V) !!!! I've got a test Linux VM on a laptop running with HYPER-V. I've installed XRDP on it so I was wondering would es RDP from the host to the VM enable me to get sensible resolution on the vm - Needs a bit of fiddling on...
  4. Hyper-V VM

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Hyper-V VM: With the Hyper-V session running on my local machine. Am I allowed to create a VM using the DVD I used on the machine? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hyper-v-vm/2b8f2e09-28ab-4e98-bba3-f835ac67d542"
  5. RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    RDP to Win7 Enterprise VM (uses RemoteFX) on Windows 10 Hyper-V: Hey guys just a quick question Just wanna ask how i would connect to my Win7 VM that uses RemoteFX on my Win10 physical machine. I can't seem to figure it out cause i know nothing about it, but i really wanted to use a VM just to separate parts of my work. I have added...
  6. Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.

Cannot see host drives in Hyper-V vm when using RDP.: Not a big deal as easy enough to get round issue but I discovered something odd when using rdp. I have a vm and in enhanced mode, it is sett up to show host drives in the VM and this works fine. If I remote connect to Host using Splashtop, I can see the Host drives in...
  7. How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?

How to install Windows 10 on Hyper-V VM?: If there is a tutorial already, I cannot find it here as most of the hyper-V references are about getting Hyper-V working. I have: - Physical Notebook running Windows 10 Home (with key of course) - Physical Notebook running Window 10 Edu (with key of course) - Hyper-V...
  8. Exporting VM with hyper-v

Exporting VM with hyper-v: When you export a VM with Hyper-v, does the exported VM retain the same hardware identifier as the original? I know with VMware, when you open up a backed up VM, you select "I moved it" to retain hardware identifier, and "I copied it" if you want a new identifier. Is it...
  9. Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v

Installing Ubuntu in VM using hyper-v: Apologies for the very basic question, but this is my first attempt at creating a virtual machine within Windows 10 pro using hyper-v. I have created a VM, and during the process allocated a drive/folder for that VM, and selected the Linux iso file that should be installed....
  10. Windows 10 deployment via WDS in Hyper-V VM not working

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows 10 deployment via WDS in Hyper-V VM not working: Hello all, I have WDS (Windows Deployment Services) running Windows Server 2012 (not R2) which is used to deploy Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 without problems. Now I want to deploy Windows 10, but the problem is - when I add Windows 10 (build 10240) boot.wim to my WDS and...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. install pgms